Postby SaltyCowdawg » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:20 pm

In a word: "wow!"
Peter L. Berghold <peter@berghold.net> or <Salty.Cowdawg@gmail.com>
Retired IT with 30+ years in the business
SaltyCowdawg

Re: the daily life of models

Postby RobBaer » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:24 pm

As always nice work.

Since it is about the 50's, when you wrote "Elvs Mini Halter " I at first misread it as "Elvis's Mini Halter". Ha Ha!
RobBaer

Postby punkduck » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:16 pm

RobBaer wrote:As always nice work.

Since it is about the 50's, when you wrote "Elvs Mini Halter " I at first misread it as "Elvis's Mini Halter". Ha Ha!

No wonder .... when you look at these charts in 1956 ... 5 times Elvis in the top 20 ... and honestly there were others before and no, he didn't invent this kind of music :P

As an ex-punk I should probably change the titles on the jukebox because there was a garage scene in the US which had more influence to the development of this genre than most people know :lol:
punkduck

Postby Joshea » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:58 pm

Punkduck,
I know your post is about 5 years old now, but kudos to some of the great work you do. I've done two short animations and in both have used some of your clothes creations. It's great to have talented people like you around. Cheers!
Joshea
Joshea

Postby punkduck » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:18 pm

Joshea wrote:Punkduck,
I know your post is about 5 years old now, but kudos to some of the great work you do. I've done two short animations and in both have used some of your clothes creations. It's great to have talented people like you around. Cheers!
Joshea

Well thank you, yes I am still using the same thread. The last posts are rather new, but the characters are here for a while. But you should look at the last 2 years. I changed more to do technical things, programming and stuff, sometimes technical equipment like in the kitchen render in blender. For the clothes my friend Elvaerwyn does the better creations meanwhile. And you used her hair in the video :)
punkduck

Postby loki1950 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:18 pm

@softpalate will you stop including commercial/advertising links in your posts the next one will result in your account and posts being deleted.

Enjoy the Choice :)
Edit:We had to follow through on that :o
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby punkduck » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:13 pm

Hi

Currently I work on a 3 minutes video (without cuts, 1280x720 and 4500 frames). Meanwhile all frames are mostly posed, Some facial expressions I still need to improve. I try hair dynamics as well with deflector but that results in a girl in a wind tunnel. Since I couldn't change it, I added a small wind tunnel as well :mrgreen:

This idea I had just in the beginning when I joined the forum and started this thread. A photo shoot from the perspective of the photographer. Meanwhile I am able to do it with some extra blender plugins and a big pose library I created ... the character has a special weighting, uses armature with no volume and volume and the clothes are a direct weight copy in blender. So it is not a 100% pure MakeHuman project.

It should start before the shoot, without the lights switched on etc. ... this is also animated. Also the flash light (the small box on the left on the last picture).

frame_0001.jpg
Start in a studio ...

And ends in a way that the camera or photographer walks around the set ... (so that the rest of the setup is visible as well).

title1.jpg
end titles

This is a little teaser. Rendering can be done on two boxes now. Because of home office I needed to buy a second box (I already had problems with the power device of the first one). So I will create the 4500 pngs next.

I dunno, if we could upload that on youtube. I just read the developer forum. Because of nudity etc. No, she is not nude ... but it aren't winter clothes :)

frame_3965.jpg
complete room

I need to check if I can add ccby music ... but this will happen later. I cannot simulate the voice of the photographer (who typical complains about the position of the hands etc,) :lol:

... it will take some time still. I just want to show, that I am still working on MakeHuman projects.

Greetings ...

punkduck
punkduck

Postby Joshea » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:23 pm

This is really good work, glad you updated. Looking forward to the finished product. :D
Joshea

Postby Ricardo2020 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:10 pm

Greetings from an old curmudgeon in the green hills of east Tennessee.

One of these days I am going to have your skills, Sir. It is wishful thinking though, for alas, I am old. Looking at these renders makes me want to work much harder to do my own art on this level of your expertise. Thank you very much for sharing so generously here on the forum and in the repo.

Your talent for making clothing and hair is epic. I believe those abilities would come to the fore to make clothes for bigger ladies like the ones I am working with in MakeHuman. Fat girls need fashion too, and those are the ones I find most interesting. They have curves and rolls that do not act like the bodies of thinner gals.

I really enjoy the assets in the repo which you have made. The sport bra is a masterpiece. Even at a close up angle, it looks like real cloth. It has thickness and does not look like paper or plastic. When the model poses with this on, it moves like the real thing. I especially like the branding on the back straps with the little duck.

I am currently working on some color variations for the sport bra. So far I have about a dozen shades, but they are not ready for prime time. However, as I add images to the gallery here, you might see some of those new colors where the models are wearing this item.

You are very good at making hair and the repo needs more styles. Many of the hairdo's in the repo simply do not look very good up close. But there are a few styles which are stellar. This is one area in MakeHuman that could use more love from those who know how to make hair that works.

Again, much gratitude for all this wonderful work. I look forward to seeing what you do next!
Paddle faster. I hear charango music!
Ricardo2020

Postby punkduck » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:37 pm

Ricardo2020 wrote:Greetings from an old curmudgeon in the green hills of east Tennessee.

One of these days I am going to have your skills, Sir. It is wishful thinking though, for alas, I am old. Looking at these renders makes me want to work much harder to do my own art on this level of your expertise. Thank you very much for sharing so generously here on the forum and in the repo.

I am old too, yes .. I should do old characters next :P

The expertise in making clothes is more or less copying "real clothes" to a virtual version. This is rather similar to building a layout for a model railway or diorama. One have to find a technique to transfer sth. from reality to a virtual version. After I learned a technique to create normal maps by drawing some lines or copying textures it is rather easy to do. Like for lingerie I simply search either for the real ones - or - misuse e.g. Henna patterns for that. Here are some of the ideas. In a way everybody can do it like me.

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/Documentation:Modeling_Clothes#Texturing_the_clothes

It is a big difference: Elvaerwyn is able to design own clothes. She is able to sew in reality and she does not necessarily need a piece of cloth in front of her to create a 3d version. Most of the newer images I use her clothes. Funny enough there are usually two results: with my own clothes I hope my character looks very similar to the model on the original image. In case of Elv's clothes it was always a surprise how the model looks.

Ricardo2020 wrote:Your talent for making clothing and hair is epic. I believe those abilities would come to the fore to make clothes for bigger ladies like the ones I am working with in MakeHuman.

The hair in my pictures is usually not polygon hair. And hair I never built myself. I once helped o4saken to upload his hair-does and did the same for the old MakeHuman hair-does. I had a few own ones but these aren't good enough to publish and are all exchanged to one of Elvs hair-does.

Ricardo2020 wrote:Fat girls need fashion too, and those are the ones I find most interesting. They have curves and rolls that do not act like the bodies of thinner gals.

Life gave me the experience that the first fat girls were my aunts (at least 100 kg per aunt) trying to cuddle little 4 year old punk-duckling. This usually resulted in a near death experience of suffocation in young years. :shock: The reason I only model those I can easily deal with. :mrgreen: (okay I am bad liar I know).

Ricardo2020 wrote:I really enjoy the assets in the repo which you have made. The sport bra is a masterpiece. Even at a close up angle, it looks like real cloth. It has thickness and does not look like paper or plastic. When the model poses with this on, it moves like the real thing. I especially like the branding on the back straps with the little duck.

Well I was not allowed to use the real brand. This bra exists. Same with french lingerie which is not French at all and made by a company from the UK, the jeans is also a real typical piece of cloth made by a guy from Franconia named Löb Strauss and which became a symbol of American fashion after he got rid of the Umlaut and named himself Levi ;)

Even the name "Kamo" (duck in Japanese) of the octagon softboxes above is of course used to avoid the name of the real vendor, same with the big camera I made or the Canadian triathlon bike. At least the Harley Davidson I did not change to a duck.

Ricardo2020 wrote:I am currently working on some color variations for the sport bra. So far I have about a dozen shades, but they are not ready for prime time. However, as I add images to the gallery here, you might see some of those new colors where the models are wearing this item.

What might be possible for this bra will not work for all lingerie and or clothes. It is possible to use a different human also in makeclothes. So if I would do sth for "plus-size models" I would first try to create a human with at least bigger sizes than the standard one. Otherwise you have to reverse-engineer clothes with e.g. patterns. Bigger people need more cloth. No matter if male or female. That's normal in real world. Otherwise the sweet daisy in front of the bra converts to a sunflower :shock: (what is more dangerous are the intersections between skin and cloth)

Ricardo2020 wrote:You are very good at making hair and the repo needs more styles. Many of the hairdo's in the repo simply do not look very good up close. But there are a few styles which are stellar. This is one area in MakeHuman that could use more love from those who know how to make hair that works.

As I mentioned. We cannot compared stand-hair with polygon hair. I can use all the mechanism of hair dynamics. Polygon usually stays glued to the character even when upside down. There are some techniques now which are in between (like groom hair or sth. like that). The purpose is totally different. Polygon hair can also be really well made. But I am not able to do that. So these hair styles had been Elvs or the ones predefined from old MH version.

Ricardo2020 wrote:Again, much gratitude for all this wonderful work. I look forward to seeing what you do next!

the "movie" is ready. Atm I am hesitating to upload it. Officially we might get into trouble because YouTube goes Facebook .... but I will find a way.

Next will be sth totally different. Historic. For old guys ... like us ;)

I hope the grumblers from Tennessee ( a landscape similar to ours, but less people) understand the humor of a north German grown up with the British army in neighborhood and now converted to a Bavarian (Fraconian) guy ... and no we do not wear lederhosen over here ... well at least I don't wear them. :D
punkduck

PreviousNext

Return to Gallery