Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: the daily life of models

Postby grinsegold » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:12 am

simply WOW!!!
grinsegold

Postby punkduck » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:53 pm

Playing around with some blender effects to create a forest I was rather fascinated by light and shadow effects and thought about a scene with a forest fairy. So I did some "research" and even got more fascinated about the Scandinavian "Huldra" (or hulder). These female forest creatures are described quite different, some describe them as very dangerous for males, other more peaceful and helpful. However I was more inspired by Aleksander L. Nordaas "Heim" (a short film) than by his film "Thale" which also uses a huldra as the main topic.

huldra-watching.jpg
Huldra discovered when I visited Scandinavia :)

The huldra in the image is my MakeHuman character "Dani" with an additional posable tail created in blender.

Technical: I use the standard skeleton with 6 bones connected to spine04.

I was not sure after I read all the articles about these creatures ... at least my huldra looks very friendly.

Maybe our Scandinavian members have different experiences, I should ask Joel :mrgreen:

And yes, she is nude. I will do a scene with a dress also, especially because Scandinavia often has low temperatures. :lol:
punkduck

Postby punkduck » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:32 pm

and the 2nd picture to prove that the tail works ...

I will do one non-nude next ...

huldra2.jpg
huldra is waiting ...
punkduck

Postby VapeLord » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:12 pm

Very Cool! :D
VapeLord

Postby punkduck » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:40 pm

so here as I promised the version with Elvs goddess-dress number 5 (using a special texture). Thank you Elvaerwyn for the dress :D

huldra_clothed.jpg
huldra (winter edition with clothes) ;)
punkduck

Postby punkduck » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:46 pm

Especially in these times a lot of people have to fight. A Chinese colleague explained me a few days ago, that one have to get through a storm to see the rainbow. Just when she told me, I thought it is a good idea for a new render.
Africans use the same metaphor and so this is the title for the picture

“At the end of every dark storm is a bright rainbow.”
― Matshona Dhliwayo, Zimbabwe

Technique: My character Evi was changed to have wet hair and also running mascara. The dress was made by my friend Elvaerwyn, she formed it the way it would be when soaked with water. Thank you, Elv.

Scene was made in blender. Special lightplanes for rainbow (+ additional one for the secondary rainbow to be physically correct ;) ) ...

HDRI (partly shaded by gradients) is from HDRI Haven. Behind camera is a translucent plane with a black gradient to hide HDRI environment picture and light from a lamp formed like lightning, which helps to make the wetness of the character visible.

rainbow_scene.jpg
"At the end of every dark storm is a bright rainbow."

Edit: since I struggled with blender clouds ... I replaced that by two semi-transparent layers of clouds.
punkduck

Postby Cinemike » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:51 pm

Nice ones!

I am slowly (take this literal, it sometimes takes a minute to open a page, no idea why) browsing through the images here to see what others are doing with makehuman, so bear with me that it really takes some time!
Cinemike

Postby punkduck » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:40 pm

Cinemike wrote:Nice ones!

I am slowly (take this literal, it sometimes takes a minute to open a page, no idea why) browsing through the images here to see what others are doing with makehuman, so bear with me that it really takes some time!

Yes we are living in the same country. Funniest thing: in my company (it is one of those selling these networks also to individual customers) with a fixed IP address it is nearly 10 times as fast. Don't ask me why, I was also surprised when I show some of the work to colleagues and argued they have to be patient :shock:
punkduck

Postby punkduck » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:56 pm

After Elvaerwyn created the tombraider assets I was really interested how they work with my characters. A braid like Lara has is impossible with strand hair yet and so I decided to use Elv's braid as well. Only change I did: I added a rig to make additional movements possible.

These objects are made by my friend Elvaerwyn and can be downloaded from the assets:

• Elvs Lara Tank1
  • Elvs Lara Shorts1
  • Elvs Lara Belt1
  • Elvs Lara Hair 1

Furthermore Elv sent me boots, holster and guns. She also created the torchiere with antlers. Thank you for collaboration and help, Elv. Tbh. it is more your work than mine.

Lara needs to get something from this castle. She climbs down, got the object and now she climbs up again.

Rest of the scene: I needed a portrait and remember all these castles I visited in my life. So I googled for "ugliest king" ... well so King Charles II of Spain (1661 –1700) won the competition. His wife was scared and due to the fact that inbreeding is not a good idea, he could not have kids. No wonder that this was the end of Habsburg dynasty in Spain. :mrgreen:

Halberts are modeled from king John George the first of Saxony (1585 – 1656) and the shield is just a cheap one for cosplay with my own logo ... (or maybe old anglo-saxonian dynasty: "von Punkduck") :lol:
Attachments
lara_final.jpg
lara croft, style around year 2000
punkduck

Postby punkduck » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:14 pm

kitchen50s.jpg
colorful cookies recipes

I wish to say thank you to my Canadian friend Elv, who not only created the clothes of my character in this scene but also sent me a lot of good recipes.
One you can see directly in the image. She remembered this from her youth and I am pretty sure nearly everybody will remember his or her favorite one, too.

Some of ingredients are visible. I used real brands, but all you see is rather historic, it was not that easy to find these old boxes, bottles and even the 50s/60s packaging of the chocolates. And then it was a lot of GIMP work to create a texture from the pictures. I tried to do the whole kitchen in a 50s or 60s North American style, maybe some of the members from the other side of the pond will recognize the Wedgewood oven or the mixmaster in background. It was fun to create these things just by searching for these old devices. Of course Elv helped me and explained what was used etc.

Warning: eating too much of these cookies especially in "stay at home" times may result in overweight ;)

Honestly: I pretty much need this variety at the moment. Otherwise I will end up in cabin fever. :?

thank you, Elv
punkduck

PreviousNext

Return to Gallery