A MakeHuman Discussion

Discussions that concern the community rather than the makehuman software

A MakeHuman Discussion

Postby ChrisCarver » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:48 am

Just wanted to let the MakeHuman team know that there's a discussion going on that involves MakeHuman quite a bit. It was originally a thread about MetaHuman Creator but has sort of become more like a MakeHuman worship thread (certainly on my part)- hahaha!

I'm generally not one for joining-up to forums, but since I joined up there I thought I might as well join here too and let you know about it. The MakeHuman talk is pretty much thoughout the thread, so might be worth keeping an eye on just in case the MakeHuman developers find something useful in it.

Anyway, here's the thread for anyone who'd like to know:
https://blenderartists.org/t/metahuman- ... er/1314078

Cheers,
Chris
ChrisCarver

Re: A MakeHuman Discussion

Postby joepal » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:01 pm

Thanks. I read through the first parts, and I'll check in on it later.

I can’t even get that version of the Blender integration to work, and I have no clue why. In the end I just gave up on it, which is a shame because that method looks a lot better and more capable than the previous methods.

I'm curious though. Obviously, we'd like to get error reports describing the problems that may arise.

Is there any error message whatsoever? Does the preference panel appear in the addon window when trying to enable the addon?
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Re: A MakeHuman Discussion

Postby ChrisCarver » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:00 pm

Hey Joel, thanks for checking it out and for asking about the issue I had.

Unfortunately I can't answer at the moment cause my Linux machine is running from USB while I do maintenance and some drive swapping. But once I have my install up and running again, I intend to have another try at getting it to run. I have a suspicion that it might have been a beta build of Blender that was to blame, so I'll try again with the latest LTS of Blender and the latest version of MPFB2.

I'll let you know how I get on.
ChrisCarver

Return to Community discussions