Expression transfer

Discussions that concern the community rather than the makehuman software

Expression transfer

Postby AssetDK » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:37 am

I am really struggling with the Blender addons! But yet I managed to get a lot done.

I really want to use the expression transfer to shape keys, when importing from the MakeHuman C0.6.3 addon. No matter what I do it seems like the transfer is running, but nothing gets transferred - i some cases the shape keys are actually initiated, but still they are not working! I have tried all sorts of import/parameter combinations... and still it will not work.

Can someone please make a step for step description of what to do. :?
AssetDK

Re: Expression transfer

Postby AssetDK » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:21 pm

Further more. When saving a MHX2 file there is a export expression option, and the .MHX2 file actually holds the expressions, but they are not imported?
AssetDK

Postby jcpalmer » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:25 pm

I cannot speak to MHX2, but Blender has or at least had a problem with certain modifiers being on meshes when this was written. Ones like Hide faces, or subdivision.

Even if it didn't, to avoid creating a bunch of shapekeys on things like shoes, the code tries to see if something actually changed. I am not sure there is a way to get the changes to verts from an armature pose without removing or applying modifiers which changed the number of vertices. Remember an armature is implemented with a modifier.

When doing this operation, open up an info window. Extensive information is recorded there about how the process was carried out. Post that for problems.

BTW, you will get much better results if you uncheck 'No Location Translation'. This goes back to how locks / bone connection was done for the 2.79 version of the plugin.
jcpalmer

Postby christopwner » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:58 am

jcpalmer wrote:I cannot speak to MHX2, but Blender has or at least had a problem with certain modifiers being on meshes when this was written. Ones like Hide faces, or subdivision.

Had same issue. Removing the hide faces and subsurf mods worked for me. Much appreciated!
christopwner

Return to Community discussions