Rating system gone now

Discussions that concern the community rather than the makehuman software

Rating system gone now

Postby Honorsoft » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:41 am

I am disappointed to see the rating system is not there anymore on the Community Asset pages, so you can no longer see the rating (1 to 5 stars).
Honorsoft

Re: Rating system gone now

Postby Elvaerwyn » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:37 am

This was addressed in the forums already buddy here is the link
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19000

Unfortunately more people either don't vote at all, or use it as a way to be abusive to some members ...and their work, rather than honestly rating the items based on quality or usability. The stars also cause a great deal of page loading issues and lag.
We are considering another system that may work better for future, but in meanwhile always feel free to post comments or suggestions that may help the artists directly in asset comment areas! The download numbers for each item should be visible in future that will be a great way to gauge how much items are liked and or used going forward,
Hope this clarifies some of the confusion, and ty for your attention to the assets and artists in our community!
Elv
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Re: Rating system gone now

Postby punkduck » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:50 pm

There are a few points. Some are mentioned by Elv others I wanted to add:

• we had rather unfair ratings
  • I can rate myself, which is funny. I didn't use that possibility but why not giving all my own assets 5 stars first
  • rating is done on assets only converted by others. It is not my work when I copy a well-made CC0 asset into this system. Converting simply means to tweak a few vertices. Of course it is allowed because of CC0 or if someone has the okay of the author.
  • we have newbies who also should be encouraged to create assets. When I started with my assets there were sth about 20 assets and mostly rather simple ones. Now we have hundreds. Some of rather high quality. A newbie then gets one star (which is worse than no star because no star is not visible) and then is disappointed
It would be more appropriate to see the number of Downloads. Normally I do not download things I don't need or I don't like. We had this analyses somewhen ...

In my opinion sorting is a feature we need in the future. Rating does not say anything. At least I got some comments in the beginning about what is missing (which helps me more than only getting less stars when I want to improve things) or if people are happy with it also a few lines. But simply clicking on a star is not helpful.
punkduck

Return to Community discussions