my MAKE-MUSCLE plugin for Blender - work in progress

Discussions that concern the community rather than the makehuman software

my MAKE-MUSCLE plugin for Blender - work in progress

Postby make3 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:23 pm

I started to work on a plugin for Blender to create muscle to add on a .mhx2 character. The muscle is automaticaly moving based on the rotation of bone (in the gif below, the rotation of the forearm animate the biceps)

The muscle system could be used to correct bad angles when extreme limbs position or even to simulate fat if i extend the idea

I quickly created the right biceps but i would like to add more muscle :mrgreen: . With my plugin, i would like to let people add their own muscles and save them in a specific file so they can use it on another model (as long as it use the same mesh ).
Last edited by make3 on Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
make3

Re: my MAKE-MUSCLE plugin for Blender - work in progress

Postby make3 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:29 pm

For the moment, im creating the muscles based on the official mesh of MakeHuman . But creating new muscles can be done on another mesh
make3

Postby joepal » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:37 pm

Looks interesting.

MHX2 is maintained by Thomas Larsson, who has said that it is "not really supported anymore". But he seems to still accept pull requests.

If you's rather merge your work into something that is in active development, you could probably add it here: https://github.com/makehumancommunity/m ... or-blender
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Aranuvir » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:00 pm

joepal wrote:But he seems to still accept pull requests.

... though still waiting for a response to my latest pull request ... :D
Aranuvir

Postby make3 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:30 am

joepal wrote:Looks interesting.

MHX2 is maintained by Thomas Larsson, who has said that it is "not really supported anymore". But he seems to still accept pull requests.

If you's rather merge your work into something that is in active development, you could probably add it here: https://github.com/makehumancommunity/m ... or-blender

Typically, if i want to upstream the most ; i could :

- create a new armature : the default + corrective/muscle bones
- modify mhx2 exporter to write the parameters of the muscles controlers in the mhx2
- modify the blender mhx2 importer as well (should be pretty the same job)

I remember i didnt found how to create a new armature for MH. A link plz ? :mrgreen:
make3

Postby make3 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:00 am

Joe, i see that you created this nice page :

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... shape_keys

Your idea is pretty the same than mine but you use drivers instead of muscle bones. Knowing that targets are like shapekeys ; do you ever think about letting the user setting muscle targets in MakeHuman and let them be exported (along with driver info) in the mhx2 so they will be imported in Blender ?

In MH, a special thumbnail could be used and the character positionned in a way to put the accent on the the morphed part of the body : exemple arm curling to show the bicep deformation

The advantage of the bone-muscle system is that its independent of blender and can be animate for it self or jiggling
make3

Postby make3 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:12 am

Ok i found the skeleton exporter for blender. But i have a problem. I write topic in bugs/problems subforum

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16900

help ?
make3

Return to Community discussions