collaboration with a game engine project - Godot 3

Discussions that concern the community rather than the makehuman software

collaboration with a game engine project - Godot 3

Postby make3 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:32 pm

Hi,

I ask this question because i was wondering if there will be any collaboration between open-source projects around the 3D - animation - game engine world.

If you take for exemple Godot 2, its seems very "promising" but i dont see yet any projects which looks like a 3d basic action game. Beside this, it offers an built-in animation editor. Cube2 engine seems very powerfull, big community but its format works with the .IQM format ; other projects derivated like : tesseract.gg and octaforge derivated from it

Is there any foundation/organization who tries to keep in line all those projects and define future standards ? Or do everybody relies on Blender to glue everything with 1000's plugins ?

3d humans, lipsync, animations, game maker, sound , machinanima film maker .. everything should converg into a single open-source tool. :geek:

Share your thoughs about this
make3

Re: collaboration with a game engine project - Godot 3

Postby joepal » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:40 am

jcpalmer is pretty active with MH/Blender/BabylonJS integrations. There have been some talks over the years with interaction with Valentina.

The only significant new "standard" I'm aware of is Alembic. But that has little relevance for MH atm.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby brkurt » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:11 pm

joepal wrote:jcpalmer is pretty active with MH/Blender/BabylonJS integrations. There have been some talks over the years with interaction with Valentina.

The only significant new "standard" I'm aware of is Alembic. But that has little relevance for MH atm.

Seems to have been of a shakeup over at the Valentina project. Investors moved in, and made some changes, some say for the better.

It is now called Seamly 2D

https://valentina-project.org/
brkurt

Postby KuraiWolf » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:08 am

I don't know about consolidating into a single toolset, but collaborations for support purposes would be nice. I think having things like plugins for direct tool integration into a game engine would work out well for game developers using Makehuman and even Blender for character models.
KuraiWolf

Postby make3 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:38 pm

MAKE HUMAN -> BLENDER -> BLENDER GAME ENGINE
MAKE WALK
MAKE CLOTHES

MAKE ANIM ?
MAKE BUILDINGS ?

Would be very nice to have a complete , consistent and full CGI open-source cosmos to create games.
make3

Postby titlepending » Tue May 19, 2020 7:46 pm

```Is there any foundation/organization who tries to keep in line all those projects and define future standards ? Or do everybody relies on Blender to glue everything with 1000's plugins ?```

I'm working on a workflow...

Also, have you heard of Godot Game Tools? The project just started, but it's there to create a sweet bridge between Godot and Blender. The image above part of the workflow I'm working on.

@make3, I know this post is 2 years old, but did you get any further on a game project?
titlepending

Return to Community discussions