Problem Downloading Assets with Plugin

Discussions that concern the community rather than the makehuman software

Problem Downloading Assets with Plugin

Postby MTKnife » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:29 am

Last night, I fired up MH for the first time in a while, and tried out the updated community assets plugin. It worked fine, but then, tonight, I tried to use it again, and I simply can't download anything: I keep getting the message "Asset was not downloaded," and a direction to download it manually. I've had this happen even for an asset that worked last night (one of the files seemed to be corrupted, so I deleted it, and the folder it was in, and tried again).

EDIT: Apparently I'm only getting the problem for some assets, but not others. Hmm.
MTKnife

Re: Problem Downloading Assets with Plugin

Postby joepal » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:34 am

Maybe the asset node is broken? Sometimes I've seen assets refer to files which does not exist, I assume as a consequence of the upload having been terminated while submitting the node.

Also, there have been some network interruptions the last few days.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Re: Problem Downloading Assets with Plugin

Postby MTKnife » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:04 am

One of the assets in question I had downloaded previously, but gotten what appeared to be an incomplete PNG. When I came back the next night to try as again, I got nothing at all.

I don't think it was a matter of outages: the same assets failed over and over, while others downloaded just fine on between.

If it happens again, I'll see if I can add a more specific error message to the code.
MTKnife

Return to Community discussions