Stretching a model

Discussions that concern the community rather than the makehuman software

Stretching a model

Postby rorybain » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:12 pm

Hi, I'm new to make human and I'm wondering if anyone can give me a hand. I'm wanting to click and drag to stretch parts of the body to show some physiotherapy techniques. Is this possible within Make Human? If not, I have done a decent amount of Python dev in the past and would be interested in trying to implement this, could someone give me any pointers on getting started? Thank you, Rory
rorybain

Re: Stretching a model

Postby joepal » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:39 pm

This sounds like normal posing.

Would simply exporting the character and use the pose mechanisms in blender suffice?
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby RobBaer » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:34 pm

Direct answer - not currently.

This is the type of thing that could be implemented as a plugin. In a previous development version there was limited, experimental support for ,bvh animations. What you are describing sounds more like interactive animation of poses. This is probably doable, but not trivial. If you have skills and inclination, there is some limited documentation for developers here: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... developers
RobBaer

Postby stereoman » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:14 pm

rorybain wrote:Hi, I'm new to make human and I'm wondering if anyone can give me a hand. I'm wanting to click and drag to stretch parts of the body to show some physiotherapy techniques. Is this possible within Make Human? If not, I have done a decent amount of Python dev in the past and would be interested in trying to implement this, could someone give me any pointers on getting started? Thank you, Rory

As far as I understand it, physiotherapy techniques can´t go beyond the human limits, this means that most possible changes must be in the reach of MH as is.
If you are new to MH you should probably explore it in some deep, mainly the modeling part, and play with the sliders, It is possible in MH to create any kind of deformation by playing with proportions and symmetry.
Of course, as has been said, a very dedicated app will require an amount of work in order to make it available to others.
My 2 cents.
stereoman

Return to Community discussions