Minimums for "high quality" and "broken" tagging

Discussions that concern the community rather than the makehuman software

Re: Minimums for "high quality" and "broken" tagging

Postby loki1950 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:41 am

This is an exceptionally friendly and helpful place. Let's keep it that way.

I think that was one of the reasons that Joel deputised some moderators with the one click ban hammer :mrgreen: I have only used it on spammers but will issue warnings and suspensions as need to keep the forum at least civil as I have on an other forum where I am senior administrator and tagged the Shepherd that's with the Vegastrike space sim game.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Re: Minimums for "high quality" and "broken" tagging

Postby joepal » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:39 am

I've banned a sum total of one (real) user during my eight years on the form, and that was a religious fanatic who wanted to sue me and makehuman for "furthering a homosexual transgender agenda" (it seems our greatest offense was having a slider from female to male rather than an either/or selection). Spammers are usually bots though, so I don't consider blocking those banning a real user.

I don't believe banning and censorship are helpful in most scenarios, as such actions tend to escalate conflicts and make the setting more hostile. But sometimes when things get really out of hand it's unavoidable.

Anyway, that's off topic.

Concerning moving from "high quality" to "community favorite": that would make it easier to use the tag on stuff such as efficient low poly clothes and educational demonstration pieces too, and not only stuff which is made for detailed twelve-hour cycles renders.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Previous

Return to Community discussions