New asset areas: rigs and poses

Discussions that concern the community rather than the makehuman software

New asset areas: rigs and poses

Postby joepal » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:25 am

I've created two new areas for uploading assets, one for poses and one for rigs.

Since I'm also experimenting with adding a blog section to the site, you can find more info here: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/bloge ... areas.html (I needed a blog entry to test the functionality :-) )

The areas as such can be found by clicking the "user contributed assets" area in the menu.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Re: New asset areas: rigs and poses

Postby qavantoo » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:54 pm

joepal wrote:I've created two new areas for uploading assets, one for poses and one for rigs.

Since I'm also experimenting with adding a blog section to the site, you can find more info here: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/bloge ... areas.html (I needed a blog entry to test the functionality :-) )

The areas as such can be found by clicking the "user contributed assets" area in the menu.

Hey Joe. I recently installed the MakeHuman blendertools, but this sounds like a noobish question, but how do i start using the blendertools? I would like to simply create some poses, but Blender's GUI system is very complex and i cannot seem to find butto to start using MakeHuman Blendertools. Could you please tell me how to do it?

qavantoo

Postby o4saken » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:08 am

qavantoo wrote: how to do it?

Once they are installed in the correct directory, in blender 3d view mode you simply push N - the tools will pop up on the right (poses are completely different story, you have to move the rig yourself)
Capture.PNG
o4saken

Postby joepal » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:36 am

qavantoo wrote:Hey Joe. I recently installed the MakeHuman blendertools, but this sounds like a noobish question, but how do i start using the blendertools? I would like to simply create some poses, but Blender's GUI system is very complex and i cannot seem to find butto to start using MakeHuman Blendertools. Could you please tell me how to do it? Thanks :)

I think you're confusing blender core functionality with what is offered by blendertools.

Want to pose a figure? Make sure you export a toon which has a skeleton from MH using pretty much anything but the the obj format. Posing is a part of blender, blendertools are not needed. (do do posing, select the rig and change mode to "pose mode").

Want to make a pose for re-use in makehuman? Pose the figure in blender then do file->export->bvh. Blendertools are not needed.

Want to make clothes or a new target? Then install and enable blendertools (you need to enable makeclothes and maketarget in file->preferences->addons). The buttons are in the side panel as o4saken says.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby brkurt » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:56 pm

joepal wrote:I've created two new areas for uploading assets, one for poses and one for rigs.

Terrific! I've got at least three custom rigs, based on the 1.1 default. I'll upload them today.
brkurt

Postby brkurt » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:52 pm

I've tried to upload on two different browsers--Firefox and Opera--but I keep getting looped around, even though I'm logged in to both user contributed assets and the forum. :(
brkurt

Postby qavantoo » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:49 pm

joepal wrote:
qavantoo wrote:Hey Joe. I recently installed the MakeHuman blendertools, but this sounds like a noobish question, but how do i start using the blendertools? I would like to simply create some poses, but Blender's GUI system is very complex and i cannot seem to find butto to start using MakeHuman Blendertools. Could you please tell me how to do it? Thanks :)

I think you're confusing blender core functionality with what is offered by blendertools.

Want to pose a figure? Make sure you export a toon which has a skeleton from MH using pretty much anything but the the obj format. Posing is a part of blender, blendertools are not needed. (do do posing, select the rig and change mode to "pose mode").

Want to make a pose for re-use in makehuman? Pose the figure in blender then do file->export->bvh. Blendertools are not needed.

Want to make clothes or a new target? Then install and enable blendertools (you need to enable makeclothes and maketarget in file->preferences->addons). The buttons are in the side panel as o4saken says.

Hey Joe. How about if you created a small utitily only for making poses for MakeHuman? You could just import MakeHuman models and then change their leg pose, arm pose and so on. No extra stuff, just basic pose maker.
qavantoo

Postby joepal » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:56 pm

What you are asking for is quite a lot more complex than it looks at first glance. And since all other assets (clothes, targets, skins...) are created outside MH, and since the blender functionality for posing already works well, there are currently no plans on adding posing to MH.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby loki1950 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:58 pm

It would not be small at all :!: as it would still need all the supporting libraries so creating new poses in blender then exporting it as a bhv file works quite simply so you don't like blender use an other 3d app that you do like that can export the pose as a bhv if you need a preview in MH.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby qavantoo » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:10 pm

joepal wrote:

Joe. What the hell... Literally i exported my MakeHuman toon to .obj and inserted it to Blender and it was in VERY low Polygon quality. You know, it looked like it was on very low resolution and it was also very very big. How do i fix it? And also where can i find this rig thingy on Blender? I am very bad at Blender and it is very complex. So tell me those things please.
qavantoo

Next

Return to Community discussions