New asset areas: rigs and poses

Discussions that concern the community rather than the makehuman software

Re: New asset areas: rigs and poses

Postby Aranuvir » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:05 pm

1) Joel said you could use any export format, but do NOT use obj
2) A quick test showed me a number of 13k vertices, I think, that's the expected number. Maybe smooth shading and adding a subdivision surface modifier can help.
3) What scale unit did you use on export? Decimiter (= default) means 1 blender unit (BU) is 1 decimeter in MH, i.e. a model which is 170cm tall in makehuman will be of 17 units in blender. When choosing centimeter on eport it will be 170 BU.
4) It doesn't help, you will have to learn any 3d modelling program if you really want to use the models. For Blender there are many tutorials on youtube, and there are links to them on the wiki page.
Aranuvir

Postby joepal » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:11 pm

I said anything BUT obj. The first step towards fixing your problem is using another format. If you haven't installed MHX2 (see http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... d_later%3F) try using collada / DAE.

Anyway, nothing I can write here will help you avoid having to learn blender if you want to use it. Go to youtube and search for "vscorpianc makehuman" and you'll find a bunch of very gentle and accessible tutorials.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby wolgade » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:35 pm

brkurt wrote:I've tried to upload on two different browsers--Firefox and Opera--but I keep getting looped around, even though I'm logged in to both user contributed assets and the forum. :(

I can confirm this. Trying to upload something always askes you to login, even if you already are. Now I know why these sections are still empty. They simple can't be accessed.
wolgade

Postby joepal » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:15 am

wolgade wrote:
brkurt wrote:I've tried to upload on two different browsers--Firefox and Opera--but I keep getting looped around, even though I'm logged in to both user contributed assets and the forum. :(

I can confirm this. Trying to upload something always askes you to login, even if you already are. Now I know why these sections are still empty. They simple can't be accessed.

Huh.

I'll take a look at it.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby joepal » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:19 am

Ok, now I've updated the permissions. And tested with an unprivileged user.

Try again now.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby wolgade » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:36 am

joepal wrote:Try again now.

Works. And we have the first user contributed pose.
wolgade

Postby FairyTail » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:10 pm

qavantoo wrote:Hey Joe. How about if you created a small utitily only for making poses for MakeHuman? You could just import MakeHuman models and then change their leg pose, arm pose and so on. No extra stuff, just basic pose maker.

joepal wrote:What you are asking for is quite a lot more complex than it looks at first glance. And since all other assets (clothes, targets, skins...) are created outside MH, and since the blender functionality for posing already works well, there are currently no plans on adding posing to MH.

What you're looking for almost exists already: MH has an internal mhp pose format, but it depends on how you want to use it. I use it all the time in Blender for quickly saving poses; the bonus being that it works out of the box with MH and ManuelLab characters, but the poses are not interchangeable. The code is in MakeHuman, but it looks like development was abandoned some time ago. The main downside is that rigs imported into blender via mhx2 and poses saved as mhp are not compatible with MakeHuman's internal format.
FairyTail

Previous

Return to Community discussions