MakeHair for Blender

Discussions that concern the community rather than the makehuman software

MakeHair for Blender

Postby drzx » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:48 am

Why there is no MakeHair for Blender? Of course we can use MakeCloth to make hair. but it will goes to cloth section. should we do only this way. In developing game, it will be nice if the game character is not bald. The hair available in the MakeHuman is sy till too heavy for game. If somebody may make MakeHair, that's must be nice.
drzx

Re: MakeHair for Blender

Postby duststorm » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:54 am

The process of making hair is the same as making clothes.
When finished, move your files to data/hair instead of data/clothes, and it will pop up in the hair library.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby brkurt » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:58 pm

duststorm wrote:The process of making hair is the same as making clothes.
When finished, move your files to data/hair instead of data/clothes, and it will pop up in the hair library.

I've posted several wigs in this manner, and all have scored low. I believe the problem is the expectation of a high-res hair texture, and photorealistic hair renderings. I'm going to create a tutorial for creating good (not perfect) hair texture maps in GIMP, as borrowing hair textures from commercial websites doesn't strike me as a good idea.
brkurt

Postby Fred Astair » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:20 am

brkurt wrote:
duststorm wrote:The process of making hair is the same as making clothes.

I've posted several wigs in this manner, and all have scored low. I believe the problem is the expectation of a high-res hair texture, and photorealistic hair renderings. I'm going to create a tutorial for creating good (not perfect) hair texture maps in GIMP, as borrowing hair textures from commercial websites doesn't strike me as a good idea.

Sounds good :)

Any idea when this would be shared?
Fred Astair

Return to Community discussions