Progress of the project?

Discussions that concern the community rather than the makehuman software

Progress of the project?

Postby Aranuvir » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:30 am

Just wondering a bit about the future of the project. There hasn't been an update on Bitbucket for 10 weeks now, beside one commit from Thomas Larsson. And for the same time we haven't heard from Manuel. Hopefully he is fine and just covered with other work.
Aranuvir

Re: Progress of the project?

Postby wolgade » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:49 am

You're not the only one being a bit concerned. Especially the fact, that Manuel disappeared at the same time he removed some proxies, is quite alarming. This might be coincidence, but it's more likely, that MH lost an artist. Artists usually don't remove or destroy their work. Manuel removed his proxies after he got tired of some childish discussions about them. This looks pretty much like a final action. As far as I know, Manuel did all the modelling, making him the only artist for MH.

I don't think we'll get an official statement here, but if I'm right you won't need it anyway to answer your question about the project's future.
wolgade

Postby duststorm » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:07 am

Manuel is fine but had to take some time off the project to tend to real life things.
We might even be seeing him again within the next weeks, month. Perhaps with a few surprises.

As for the rest of the update activity: I, the main code contributor to the project, have enjoyed some time off, a well earned vacation, and used this time to work on some other projects in the meantime.
I am not planning on leaving this project, though, and think that we can soon pick up the pace again with renewed inspiration.

So no, the project is not dead. We might have taken a short sabbatical but we're not leaving this project.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Aranuvir » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:21 pm

Nice to hear that. Hope you had relaxing vacation.
duststorm wrote:[...} and used this time to work on some other projects in the meantime. [...]
But I thought this is not the basic idea of vacation. :D
Aranuvir

Postby duststorm » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:56 pm

Aranuvir wrote:But I thought this is not the basic idea of vacation. :D

I cannot speak for Manuel of course, I was talking only of myself.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby wolgade » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:19 am

duststorm wrote:Manuel is fine but had to take some time off the project to tend to real life things.
We might even be seeing him again within the next weeks, month. Perhaps with a few surprises.

Would be good news.
wolgade

Postby Fred Astair » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:14 am

[quote="duststorm"]Manuel is fine but had to take some time off the project to tend to real life things.

Any news on Manuel?

We miss him :)
Fred Astair

Postby joepal » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:40 am

Manuel announced he's back (in some sense) a week or so ago.

It's not for me to talk about the circumstances, but those circumstances are still largely there. So Manuel will most likely still be pretty invisible on the forums.

But we have at least started talking about moving forward again.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Fred Astair » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:42 pm

joepal wrote:Manuel announced he's back (in some sense) a week or so ago.

It's not for me to talk about the circumstances, but those circumstances are still largely there. So Manuel will most likely still be pretty invisible on the forums.

But we have at least started talking about moving forward again.

Thanks for the update Joe
Fred Astair

Return to Community discussions