Body Shapes available on nightly build (Windows)

Locked forum where the devs and staff post news about the makehuman software

Body Shapes available on nightly build (Windows)

Postby punkduck » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:16 pm

Hi MakeHuman users

The code to contain body shapes is merged into the master and now the nightly build version for Windows officially contains Elvaerwyn's body shapes and hormonal targets. Since we had head shapes already, body shapes are a logical extension.

A lot of other fixes (knee-position for bones) are also included ... as well as some small features like the idea of displaying author and license in material-editor and hints where an asset is placed using a tool-tip.

bodyshapes.png
body shapes and hormonal targets

I work with this version meanwhile. For Linux I installed it from github which means more work, for Windows it is easier and can be downloaded here http://download.tuxfamily.org/makehuman/nightly/
and then can be installed from zip-file. The changes will be part of version 1.2.1.

Thanks for the idea and work to Elvaerwyn.

Greetings to all users
punkduck
punkduck

Re: Body Shapes available on nightly build (Windows)

Postby tomcat » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:28 pm

Oh, excellent! This is exactly what was missing and I was going to do it with the body settings, but this is much more convenient. Thank you so so much for the work you have done!
Foreigners' reactions to Russian "Bird's Milk" candies
— Are your birds being milked?
— In Russia everyone is milked. Here even the zucchini is used to make caviar.
tomcat

Re: Body Shapes available on nightly build (Windows)

Postby Ricardo2020 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:43 pm

This is epic and will move the process of creating realistic human models forward by leaps and bounds. Not only does it make the work flow uber simple, it also reduces the size of model files on storage media since each finished file contains much less data. Thus, quicker file loading is achieved.

My hat is off the the hard work of Punkduck and Eveaerwyn. These two folks have made it possible for us to create very interesting virtual people. I have uploaded some large modification targets featuring this work. They are in the target assets as SSBBW models.

I have yet to play around with the male assets, since I do not have the completed addition integrated into my instance of the program. When that takes place, expect some really big male targets to appear in there.

This addition has simplified my work flow in MakeHuman. It has also allowed me to bake the targets for a model into a single file. A tutorial is being constructed to this effect and will be available in the tutorials thread in the forum once it is competed.

Infinite thanks go here...
Paddle faster. I hear charango music!
Ricardo2020

Return to News from the crew