Reminder: November contest

Contributions for and discussions on the monthly contests.

Moderator: joepal

Reminder: November contest

Postby joepal » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:59 pm

Just a reminder: Monday is the last day to submit a contest entry for november
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Re: Reminder: November contest

Postby MTKnife » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:05 am

Given the current dearth of entries, maybe we should extend this topic through December? I know there's a good chance I might give it a shot in that case--I like the topic, but I haven't had time to work on it.
MTKnife

Postby brkurt » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:55 pm

I was busy designing an Elizabethan gown for my entry, but the hairdo completely floored me. :shock:
That's when I decided to try the Dupliverts approach. :)
I'll have something big ready for December, but here at my college, it's the end of semester, so that takes priority.
brkurt

Postby joepal » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:51 pm

We got a few contributions in the end, so I'll make thumbnails and put up a poll tomorrow.

I wonder why people were so hesitant to submit images this time though. Intimidated by the subject? There was no requirement to use makeclothes though, and it isn't as if the previous toons (most of them anyway) were nude.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby susuexp » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:02 am

joepal wrote:We got a few contributions in the end, so I'll make thumbnails and put up a poll tomorrow.

I wonder why people were so hesitant to submit images this time though. Intimidated by the subject? There was no requirement to use makeclothes though, and it isn't as if the previous toons (most of them anyway) were nude.

Well, I think I've always submitted close to the deadline, but in this case I was using the contest to figure out how to use makeclothes in conjunction with Marvelous Designer. At least for me that meant that there were a few additional hurdles in figuring out how to approach things.
susuexp

Postby RebelFlyx » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:28 pm

joepal wrote:We got a few contributions in the end, so I'll make thumbnails and put up a poll tomorrow.

With the subject being clothes, I felt challenged to go into a lot of detail work - and immediately decided not to post this month, because I didn't have the time. I wouldn't have submitted what is essentiallly a boring tube dress for this subject, if the number of entries had not been so low a week before the deadline. In retrospect, I guess I was overthinking it, and I'm glad I changed my mind.
RebelFlyx

Return to Monthly contest