My September entry( Look at Me)

Contributions for and discussions on the monthly contests.

Moderator: joepal

My September entry( Look at Me)

Postby NewArt2000 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:42 pm

My entry was done completely in blender 2.75
I model the short set with the make cloths add_on
I imported my model with the mhx2 add_on

I missed a few elements I was going for but all in all it get the point across.
I tried to come up with a decent skin shader using the imported make human texture.
clothes are not my strong suit but again I was going for basic.

What do think ? what can improve? enjoy and all comments welcomed.
Attachments
look at me_a.png
NewArt2000

Re: My September entry( Look at Me)

Postby learning » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:26 am

It's good, and the clothing is good (I wish you'd contribute it, because there's considerable lack of good clothes in MH). The facial expression needs some work I think.
learning

Re: My September entry( Look at Me)

Postby NewArt2000 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:00 pm

learning wrote:It's good, and the clothing is good (I wish you'd contribute it, because there's considerable lack of good clothes in MH). The facial expression needs some work I think.

first Thank you very much. I agree with you as there is lack of good clothes for MH. There is also a lack of good tutorials on the make clothes add_on as well. The main point of make human is for novice and artist to generate a character quickly but I'll save that for another time. The facial expression may need some refinement but it is kind of what I was after. I discovered that I exported my character without teeth and I think thats the difference here. I suggest that any one who uses the face rig sit and play with it a while to see what it can and cant do I made that mistake then I discovered a few refinements that I'll be using in the future. As for the clothes I'll consider and more than likely contribute them and the texture to the community. you will have to apply it in blender because it did not export to makehuman. Thank you for the comment
NewArt2000

Return to Monthly contest