About the monthly contests (and this forum)

Contributions for and discussions on the monthly contests.

Moderator: joepal

About the monthly contests (and this forum)

Postby joepal » Thu May 21, 2015 6:56 am

On a trial basis, we are running monthly contests on best image created with MakeHuman in the pipeline. If we get a momentum in it we will keep on announcing new monthly contests.

MH devs might participate too if the mood strikes them :-)

This forum is for posting contest contributions, and for discussions on the contests.

Note that if you want to discuss an image before finishing it, it's better you do so in the W.I.P forum. Only post finished contributions in this forum.

Contest format

Any forum user is allowed to post exactly one contribution (per month) in this forum. At the end of the month, the submitted images will be collected into a poll, and any forum user is allowed to vote for their favorite.

Each month a topic will be selected, usually just a loose keyword (such as "sports" or "summer"). It is up to the participants to interpret this in any which way they see fit.

Rules

In order to participate, make a new post in this forum. The post should include the following:

• The title should state for which month you are submitting and make clear that it is a submission for the contest (for example "My contribution for the june contest")
  • The text should include a description of the image, a summary of how you made if, and what your goal was ("My action hero. Rendered in blender and then touched-up in GIMP. Intended to depict absolute disgust.")
  • There should be one full-size image attached, in PNG or JPG format and with exactly the resolution 1920x1080 (full HD). If you fail the resolution we'll wantonly crop/scale the image for the poll, with random results.
  • If you used third-part assets, you should include attribution details ("I used John Doe's wall texture from blender cookie"). It is not necessary to do this if you only used makehuman or home-brewed assets.
  • (optional) sign the image by including your name somewhere in it

Concerning the contents of the image as such, the only rules are that MakeHuman should have been used somewhere in the pipeline, and that it should have some association to the month's topic. Otherwise you're free to design the image however you want, using whichever tools you want.

Winning the contest

If you win the voting, we'll post your image in visible places along with your name. So basically it's for fame and glory. :-)
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Return to Monthly contest