Tweaking MPFB enhanced skin materials

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

Tweaking MPFB enhanced skin materials

Postby joepal » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:38 pm

I've now posted an update to MPFB which makes it possible to ask it to tweak slotted skin materials on import.

As a background, if you check "Enhanced skin material", "Extra vertex groups" and "Slots for extra groups" under settings, the importer will create multiple materials on the body (and the body proxy), with specific materials for lips, fingernails, ears and so on. In the default mode, these are simple copies of the (enhanced) skin material. However, I found it tedious to keep tweaking these slots everytime I imported. Eventhough the adjustments are minor (for example, slightly lower roughness on lips than on the body in general), it added up to some frustration.

Thus there is a new dropdown under settings where it is possible to ask for tweaks to be applied to the extra body materials.

slots_settings.png
slots_settings.png (26.94 KiB) Viewed 8021 times

The possible options are:

* none: Do not apply tweaks. Material slots will contain unmodified copies of the body material.
* generic tweaks: Apply appropriate tweaks to the slotted materials (such as adjusting roughness)
* pale: generic tweaks, but also set the brighness and color to match a slightly more pale character
* tan: generic tweaks, but also set the brighness and color to match a slightly more tanned character
* asian: generic tweaks, but also set the brighness and color to match a slightly more asian character (although you're probably better off using the asian skin in this case)

Using any of the options other than none will give you, for example, better looking finger nails:

slots_hand.png
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)