Help Needed on Hoodie

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

Help Needed on Hoodie

Postby Taholmes160 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:55 pm

Collapsed Hood.png
The render of the hood

Hi Folks:

I have been working for quite a while on a hoodie for my toons. the body is no problem, but the hood is a major problem -- if finally gotten it looking pretty much like I want it to, but when I tried to make clothes with it, the hood went back to the up position. not really sure why, but I could sure use some help getting this thing right.

I made the hood by taking the hood off the crudemalerobe and attaching it to my sweatshirt clothes piece, I put a cloth modifier on the hoodie and collision on the human mesh, and then ran the cloth simulation, when the hood finally hit the correct spot, I tried to run the makeclothes routine, and it put the hood back up.

a render of the setup is attached, as it the blend file, im not sure if I did it all right, but could use some help getting it right

thanks TIM
Attachments
Collapsed Hood.blend
THe blend file
(6.58 MiB) Downloaded 654 times
Taholmes160

Re: Help Needed on Hoodie

Postby brkurt » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:43 am

Taholmes160 wrote:
Collapsed Hood.png

Hi Folks:

I have been working for quite a while on a hoodie for my toons. the body is no problem, but the hood is a major problem -- if finally gotten it looking pretty much like I want it to, but when I tried to make clothes with it, the hood went back to the up position. not really sure why, but I could sure use some help getting this thing right.

I made the hood by taking the hood off the crudemalerobe and attaching it to my sweatshirt clothes piece, I put a cloth modifier on the hoodie and collision on the human mesh, and then ran the cloth simulation, when the hood finally hit the correct spot, I tried to run the makeclothes routine, and it put the hood back up.

a render of the setup is attached, as it the blend file, im not sure if I did it all right, but could use some help getting it right

thanks TIM

Here is one solution (there are many others). Think of the hood as the sail of a ship, subject to wind and gravity. This allows you to add a rig (armature) to position the hood wherever you want it, before you use the Cloth modifier.

and here is the model:

http://www.geekopolis.ca/blender/inner_seamstress/hoodie.blend

With Blender 2.7x, you can parent this hoodie rig to the human rig; I usually do that for things like helmets (so that visors can open, etc).
brkurt

Postby blindsaypatten » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:38 pm

Taholmes160 wrote:
Collapsed Hood.png

You don't mention applying the cloth modifier. When the hood is in the configuration you want, go to the modifiers tab and click the apply button for the cloth modifier. Modifiers are "non-destructive", they don't actually change the object unless you apply them.
blindsaypatten

Postby Taholmes160 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:18 am

Thanks guys:

that solved the problems -- i now have a working hoodie!

Thanks again

TIM
Taholmes160

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)