Hot, wet and steamy

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

Hot, wet and steamy

Postby wolgade » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:57 am

Punkduck was nice enough to send me his bathroom (http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13672&start=210).

Question was: How to create convincing water jets emtted by the shower. The answer turned out to be easier than I initially thought. Just an array of small cylinders and a glass shader with a color of maximum white. I added some steam using smoke simulation.
shower4.jpg
wolgade

Re: Hot, wet and steamy

Postby MargaretToigo » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:07 am

Well done, especially for a WIP.

Steam and water are easy. What's impressive is her skin that looks like it's wet with real water.
MargaretToigo

Postby brkurt » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:53 pm

MargaretToigo wrote:Well done, especially for a WIP.

Steam and water are easy. What's impressive is her skin that looks like it's wet with real water.

Is there a 3d suite that can handle wet particle hair?

I would think for the present wet hair will need to be a mesh with an alpha-channel UV map.

As long was most MH people use Blender.
brkurt

Postby wolgade » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:13 pm

MargaretToigo wrote:Steam and water are easy. What's impressive is her skin that looks like it's wet with real water.

You should have seen my first attempts with smoke simulation before I mananaged to get something usable. I burnt down the bathroom several times. :lol: Wet skin is done by simply reducing the roughness and making it more glossy this way. A lot of percepted wetness is also added by the presence of steam.
brkurt wrote:Is there a 3d suite that can handle wet particle hair?

That's something I'll have to try some day. Wet hair is more clumpy and glossy than dry hair.
wolgade

Postby punkduck » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:53 pm

The story behind:

When I sent the bathroom I also posted a picture with my Leska character, which really looks bad. The skin was "golden", everything was too dark (because of the glass door) and the character was bombed with glass pearls.

So Wolgade did a version which is much more convincing. But droplets on the skin will stay glass pearls he wrote.

So I asked him to show the picture in the forum. He did a new G-rated version as far as I can see ... ;)
punkduck

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)