instantmesh retopology

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

instantmesh retopology

Postby jujube » Sat May 27, 2017 9:28 pm

Right now I'm using Instant Meshes (link: https://github.com/wjakob/instant-meshes) to turn models from BodyParts3d all-quad. I was going to put it inside the body but I should turn it into a prop, then someone can use it for a last-minute contest entry, heh.
Attachments
retopo with instantmesh.PNG
jujube

Re: instantmesh retopology

Postby jujube » Sun May 28, 2017 1:58 am

I finished my skull, so off to the repo it goes.

But now I have a question for LIndsay: is the amount of space between the lip and maxilla anatomically correct?
Attachments
anatomyside.PNG
The startup morph wearing the skull
bodyparts3d skull.PNG
I made the clothes using my bodyparts3d morph
jujube

Postby blindsaypatten » Sun May 28, 2017 2:44 am

I'm not going to claim to know that kind of anatomy so here is what Zygote Body(tm) shows:
ZygoteScull.png

The thing that sticks out to me is that the gums should cover the bones to a greater extent, although perhaps that would detract from observation of the bones.
ZygoteScullGums.png
blindsaypatten

Postby jujube » Sun May 28, 2017 8:45 pm

I wrote about my technological difficulties with retopologizing but then google chrome ate my post. Well the point was that the topology is weird, I need a better topology tool, so just now I finished up my alpha 7 ear proxy instead and uploaded it to the repo. This is only the first version, the geometry is still kinda weird, including the fact that it's lumpy and jagged unless you subdivide it. This is because I fitted it to base.obj. Version two (which I'll probably do after writing this post) will be built on the startup mesh, hopefully fixing that. Well, the startup mesh, with ear targets applied to make it fit better with the alpha7 ear, and generally make the area surrounding the ear look less weird.
Attachments
eaar.PNG
my_ear.png
my_ear.png (131.59 KiB) Viewed 8469 times
jujube

Postby o4saken » Mon May 29, 2017 12:06 pm

Just quick from my side... i know that i talked about this before in the off topic section but Autodesks ReMake (was memento) - its free, up until a certain size mesh and some other things not included, but for most purposes it is free. Its main purpose is if you take a 360 photo of an object and run it through here it makes a perfect model of said object. However it comes with a whole lot of mesh fixing tools, mainly for purpose of 3d printing. but one of the tools is to convert all tris to quads. Now i cant use this because i cant load it onto my work pc, but i have seen this used, even some youtube videos. and it works well from what i have seen.

So if you looking for a retopo tool, give it a try. and Pls if you do some feedback for others battling with retopo.
o4saken

Postby jujube » Mon May 29, 2017 5:16 pm

I have a student account that I can use to install it, but sadly my computer doesn't want me to download it :/
jujube

Postby jujube » Mon May 29, 2017 5:48 pm

It has simultaneously completed installation AND failed to install some objects! I love this kind of choice bullshit!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks for getting my hopes up o4saken
jujube

Postby jujube » Mon May 29, 2017 8:15 pm

I got it installed now... sorry for being a bitch :oops:
jujube

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)