Fashion renders

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Fashion renders

Postby loki1950 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:07 pm

Any reason you use the experimental feature set kernel that and 2000 samples is a bit over kill for medium range GPUs here is your set with only 500 samples did not move my toon up to accommodate her shoes the hair uses a normal map that I baked last year.

Enjoy the Choice :)
Attachments
fashion-set-monica-bra2.png
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby joepal » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:13 pm

loki1950 wrote:Any reason you use the experimental feature set kernel that and 2000 samples is a bit over kill for medium range GPUs here is your set with only 500 samples did not move my toon up to accommodate her shoes the hair uses a normal map that I baked last year.

It's just my normal setup, I didn't necessarily intend that everyone should use experimental. :-)

On my rig, the images took about 4 minutes each for rendering with 2000 samples. But I guess the quality loss isn't that dramatic when going down to 500.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby joepal » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:45 pm

Ok, I've implemented a system for uploading fashion renders now, and spent some time making a skin comparison.

See http://www.makehumancommunity.org/fashion.html

Although it seems I must've accidentally deleted a light source some time during the process of rendering the back views, since they're considerably darker. Oh, well... I can't be arsed to re-render now.

I would love some betatesting on the whole process if someone's up to it.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby punkduck » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:44 pm

Hi

Okay that looks good ... and I like the touched up render idea ... so we can also add a picture how it looks, when you do a little work on the clothes.

A few remarks in the beginning:
  • the links in the FAQ point to fashion.org instead of fashion.html.
  • I guess that all assets must be available in MH community should be mentioned (except poses, because you may pose the character in Blender). In the touched up render, when you can change the material, there might be a better diffuse texture, I guess that's okay (I prefer my own skins for the touched-up). But without having the possibility to get the geometry it is no fun for all the other community members.
  • will there be different categories for skin and clothes in future?

And you do not have to re-render the skins. It is Sunday and short before Christmas, so do not work too much ;)

I guess I will make a try this week with the winter coat ...
punkduck

Postby wolgade » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:49 pm

Just tested it with a female casual outfit. The idea behind "slot" needs a bit of clariication. OT: Another issue I ran into: I accidentaly selected the wrong skirt in makehuman :oops: . With so many assets we have to think of a better way to organize them. My first idea is to add the author as a tag to the mhclo file.

Even more OT: The blend file uses a quite small tile size for GPU rendering.
wolgade

Postby Aranuvir » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:31 pm

punkduck wrote:[...]
A few remarks in the beginning:
  • the links in the FAQ point to fashion.org instead of fashion.html.
[...]

Thanks for reporting :). It's fixed, now. BTW, you can do this on your own, too.
Aranuvir

Postby punkduck » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:09 pm

Thanx for the information, I thought this was only for the guys with the green logins :mrgreen: .

I tried it directly and changed the second link then and a small typo :D

It works ...
punkduck

Postby loki1950 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:07 am

The wiki is open to all forum members we do have to check for wiki spamming though :twisted: then bounce the offending user :mrgreen:
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby joepal » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:20 am

Thanks for the feedback.

My idea with the slot thing was to make it easy to see which item was which. If you had a tattooed skin as well as a male formal suit and one asset was called "dragon suit" and the other "male suit", it might be difficult to see at a glance which was the skin and which was the clothing.

But I guess that in the majority of cases, it should suffice to just have a list of assets, and that there is no great need to classify them.

Anyway, I've also added fashion renders to the "list of recent changes" view at http://www.makehumancommunity.org/contributions.html, so that they should appear in the RSS feeds.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby punkduck » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:58 pm

Okay, I've also tried it and it works very good. I recreated my Evi-model with the original skin and the alpha 7 curly2 hairstyle, so that I can take for the touched up image a scaled down version of my character. For recreating hair and fur modification on a re-exported MH toon I was too lazy. :roll:

But I think it is a very good information, how you can develop a more sophisticated piece of cloth from the exported version, sometimes with only a few steps, like changing a buckle to a metal-like shader.
punkduck

PreviousNext

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)