Kebec1661 v0.0-alpha

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

Kebec1661 v0.0-alpha

Postby gaiha » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:27 am

From the Gallery :: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13139

Well it has been asked, and while I'm not going to go into any in-depth details about my project, I will provide an overview as to how it pertains to MakeHuman.
I am foremost a student, studying Computer Sciences and Graphic Arts. I look at computers as a TOOL, a resource to accomplish my short term targets and long term goals. I decided rather early, that I wanted to create a 3D Virtual Reality Simulation utilizing available tools (which includes Software), that is all Open Source. Basically, I will be a Builder, and assemble all these tools into one cohesive package and give it a name. This is my Thesis Project.

In the beginning, I began with haunting several Gamerz forums... basically trolling for information. What is it that Gamerz really want to see in a game world? The list I began to compile soon became very long, with a good many suggestions, already been done to a surprising degree with a lot of the BIG GAME Releases already available for download, but not ALL the suggestions for features, in an "All-in-one-package". Still interested in knowing more? …Read on.

I began with the usual Big Title Middle-Ware applications… and while they are useful, the bottom line of "Pay Big Bucks Now" was not in the budget. The Idea of "Use Now-Pay us a Percentage Later" is nothing but a big scam, when you take the time to read the "FINE PRINT" in the licensing agreement.

So What was left-over? Open Source… Creative Commons… Two Big Concepts that really appealed to me. Incidentally, Aaron Swartz (RIP) is a big hero and role model for me. So, armed with access to search engines and web crawlers, I began digging. I scoured the internet and amassed a huge database of Open Source software which I began to test and evaluate. I indexed my list, from several thousand pieces of software, and began to pare down my database until I had assembled fewer than one hundred individual pieces. Then I began to tinker like a mad scientist until I had a short list.

what I finally assembled was separated into three categories. First up, I called Generators. Second I called Tools, last I called Engines. From the Generators Category is where MakeHuman fell into. A truly magnificent Human Modeling Generator that could produce almost an infinite abundance of variations of the human body . Ok, I was sold. Make Human went into the "KEEP" Database and my Repository. In the Tools Category, I found MYGUI. An Excellent tool to create what I now call my "Character Creation Matrix". Basically, nothing more than a simple Graphic User Interface (GUI), it would be the tool I would use to create my 1st client with. It was crude, it was simple, and not very pretty… but it was most effective. I later refined it to the point where it could create a set of variables that could be used by… you guessed it, MakeHuman… to create an Avatar Model, and continue to do it until I was satisfied with the different combinations that I had decided to set the variables to be. MYGUI became a MUST KEEP tool and went into the Database and the Repository. From the third category, there was OGRE. He wasn't much to look at, he didn't really do a whole lot… but the one thing OGRE did do… OGRE does with finesse, grace and style. OGRE does Graphics!

DING-DING-DING we have a winning combination!

Now… what is it that these three pieces do together, that while separate and apart, do well as individual pieces? Glad you asked… Like Carbonic Acid - a weak acid that is created when carbon dioxide (CO2) is dissolved in water (H2O), like the evil genius I am, I made soda water. What did my soda water do? well, it created what has now evolved into my "Loading Screen". Ever seen the Movie - "The Matrix"? The Constra? Well, my Constra is now comprised of three elements, namely:

1) MakeHuman
2) MYGUI
3) OGRE

What did I do with these Three Amigos? Well, I simply had them work and play well together with another piece from Category Two… MYSQL.

More on that later, but for now… please direct your questions, comments, concerns to MakeHuman and how I managed to develop My "Character Creation Matrix".
My Dev Box: Asus CrosshairV with an AMD FX-9370 4.4 Ghz 8 core Processor, 32 GB 1600hz DDR3,
GeForce GTX-760 Video card, 2TB Seagate Constellation Class HDD. 1 GB Ethernet Lan
Running Ubuntu 14.04.4 on the 4.2.0-30 Kernel, with the Gnome 3.8.4 Desktop.
gaiha

Re: Kebec1661 v0.0-alpha

Postby gaiha » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:34 pm

Well Folks -- it has been quite a while since I have been here on the forum and have been very busy with RL consuming a vast amount of my time. I am happy to announce that Kebec1661 has evolved into a sudo Beta Stage in development. While I am still calling it an Alpha -- it is a lot more stable than the earlier versions I created and/or merged with the original source code within my repository.

-- One Step Forward -- Two Steps Back -- Side Step and Dodge before Moving Forward. --

*Smoochies*
My Dev Box: Asus CrosshairV with an AMD FX-9370 4.4 Ghz 8 core Processor, 32 GB 1600hz DDR3,
GeForce GTX-760 Video card, 2TB Seagate Constellation Class HDD. 1 GB Ethernet Lan
Running Ubuntu 14.04.4 on the 4.2.0-30 Kernel, with the Gnome 3.8.4 Desktop.
gaiha

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)