Normal and Occlusion Maps

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Normal and Occlusion Maps

Postby o4saken » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:23 pm

So with the addon thanks to LEARNING, i managed to finish this project.. although i almost gave up many times..
I wanted to make a steampunk jacket type thing... anyways this is the result.. Yet once again the textures dont pull through to makehuman... I tried to add the three lines to the bottom as suggested above for the tshirt, yet it still doesnt seem to work.. Anyway, hopefully someone here can help.

But for now, here is the jacket with the Normal, AO and difuse textures included in the zip

CLOTHES HAVE BEEN MOVED TO USER CONTRIBUTIONS
Attachments
steampunk render1.png
steampunk render.png
Last edited by o4saken on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
o4saken

Postby MTKnife » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:36 am

Nice to see something gothy.

Normals and bump maps will not show up in MH. Period. Abandon hope, short of a bug fix. They will however export just fine, so you'll have them in the finished product.
MTKnife

Postby MTKnife » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:13 am

How odd...in MH, the diffuse texture shows up as a shiny green. I can't for the life of me fathom what's causing that.
MTKnife

Postby o4saken » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:21 am

MTKnife wrote:How odd...in MH, the diffuse texture shows up as a shiny green. I can't for the life of me fathom what's causing that.

This is the problem i am having.. before i finish and push the makeclothes button i assign the correct diffuse texture, and everything is working.. then once exported i get a single shade item.... and i am not sure what i am doing wrong.
o4saken

Postby duststorm » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:40 am

MTKnife wrote:How odd...in MH, the diffuse texture shows up as a shiny green. I can't for the life of me fathom what's causing that.

It looks green-blue ish because that is what the diffuse color is set to:
Code: Select all
diffuseColor  0.2055 0.64 0.64

(the numbers are color values, R G and B in that order, number goes from 0 (completely black) to 1 (completely lit up))

The diffuse color is multiplied with the diffuse texture to obtain the final color. If you want to show the diffuse texture without discoloring, set the diffuse color to full white:
diffuseColor  1 1 1

If you try the material editor plugin in MakeHuman, you can play around with the material properties and see their effect in real time.

To get the textures to show up, add the following lines to the file (somewhere, does not matter where):
diffuseTexture Steampunk1.png
normalmapTexture Steampunknormal.png
aomapTexture SteampunkAO.png
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby MTKnife » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:15 am

You can add the normal map line, but it's not going to show up in MH; in this case it didn't even export, for some reason. I should file a bug report. I'm not sure about the AOL map, because I didn't see any slot for it.
MTKnife

Postby MTKnife » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:20 am

OK, I solved one problem: inconsistent naming in the MHMAT file, the texture file variables and the shader flags don't follow the same pattern:

diffuseTexture -> shaderConfig diffuse true

but...

normalmapTexture -> shaderConfig normal true
aomapTexture -> shaderConfig ao true

That's pretty confusing for anyone editing these files by hand.
MTKnife

Postby o4saken » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:22 am

Here is the latest creation in my journey through learning.. modeled after Assassins creed jacket.

I am quite happy with this one.. although everytime i try make something i learn where i could have done something different.

as usual in the ZIP file there is the texture and the normal and AO.

CLOTHES HAVE BEEN MOVED TO USER CONTRIBUTIONS
Attachments
ASSASSINRENDER.png
ASSASSINRENDER2.png
Last edited by o4saken on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
o4saken

Postby wolgade » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:53 pm

Looks pretty good.
o4saken wrote:although everytime i try make something i learn where i could have done something different.

This has a tendency to happen. My only hope is that I get better with every mistake I make.
wolgade

Postby o4saken » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:26 pm

WIP, elf clothing i am working on... need to clean up the texture, its been a hassle as this is probably the worst UV unwrap ever, and i couldnt get it neat. just about giving up on it.
Attachments
elfsuit.png
o4saken

PreviousNext

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)