Normal and Occlusion Maps

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

Re: ---

Postby o4saken » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:31 am

DredNicolson wrote:I use absolute filepaths instead of relative when working with makeclothes.

Please explain? sorry i dont really know what is meant by absolute filepaths. i honestly dont know why i keep getting this error, the strange thing is that i have noticed if i went back and imported the OBJ that makeclothes made back into blender then added the textures and then push makeclothes button again, it works. so why not the first time?
o4saken

Re: Normal and Occlusion Maps

Postby o4saken » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:41 pm

I was very happy with my previous shirt i did for the lady's, even though that was done very quick with no effort put into the mesh etc. thus i decided to try doing another one with more detail this time for the guys. over all I am very pleased with the results of my texture studies.

And as always, i get the texture not found story when making clothes.. seriously give up on that. but they are included in zip folder.

shirt.png

shirtrender2.png
Attachments
buttonshirt.zip
(7.03 MiB) Downloaded 659 times
o4saken

---

Postby DredNicolson » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:58 am

In Blender, filepaths to external assets can be absolute or relative. Relative paths start from the location of the .blend file. Absolute paths start at the root directory (ie. at C:/ or whatever drive letter where the file is stored).

The advantage of relative filepaths is portability. A computer with a completely different folder organization than the origin system can open that file in Blender and nothing will be broken, if assets are included in folders next to the .blend and relative paths are set. Absolute paths would break in this case, unless the origin system's directory was recreated exactly.

I think MakeClothes doesn't know how to read relative paths in a .blend file and thus can't find the textures.

You can quickly change the filepath type for all assets in Blender by going to File :arrow: External Data :arrow: Make All Paths Absolute / Make All Paths Relative
DredNicolson

Postby grinsegold » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:08 pm

I would like to encourage people to post their cloth at the assets place when finished. Thanx
grinsegold

Postby o4saken » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:41 am

grinsegold wrote:I would like to encourage people to post their cloth at the assets place when finished. Thanx

:) i would if the textures were working, but i dont want to add stuff that is not 100% functional
o4saken

Postby o4saken » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:51 pm

Decided to try something a bit different, i really like the result but it ended up slightly higher poly count.

floral2.png

The specularity map i feel was a bit too strong on the texture included in the zip.
I have made adjustments
Here is the result.
shirtupdate.png

here is the new Spec.
spec.png
Attachments
floral (2).zip
(24.49 MiB) Downloaded 620 times
Last edited by o4saken on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
o4saken

Postby wolgade » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:44 pm

Great.
o4saken wrote::) i would if the textures were working, but i dont want to add stuff that is not 100% functional

What's wrong with the textures? I can't see any obvious problems.
wolgade

Postby joepal » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:55 pm

I think the mhmat files need to be tidied up with file references, otherwise the ones I looked at were fine.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby o4saken » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:01 pm

Following up on the Lacy shirt i did for the ladies where i attempted the transparent - i really liked how it was looking so i decided to try and do something with it.
Hope you like.

Shirt.png
Attachments
laceshirt.zip
(15.04 MiB) Downloaded 564 times
o4saken

Postby o4saken » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:30 am

Wanted to try making a split skirt, ended up with this - then textured using the previous floral shirts textures to make it an outfit.

skirt.png
Attachments
skirt.zip
(16.98 MiB) Downloaded 624 times
o4saken

PreviousNext

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)