Normal and Occlusion Maps

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Normal and Occlusion Maps

Postby o4saken » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:41 pm

Long hair i was trying to do after i was done playing with the fox tail. Warning, has lots of hair and render is slowed down somewhat.
hair3.PNG

hair4.PNG
hair4.PNG (74.45 KiB) Viewed 5702 times
Attachments
longhair.zip
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 426 times
o4saken

Postby punkduck » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:26 pm

o4saken wrote:Long hair i was trying to do after i was done playing with the fox tail. Warning, has lots of hair and render is slowed down somewhat.

Hi

Wow, the geometry looks fine also in Makehuman after changing the .mhmat-file (litsphere lit_refl_sharp_aniso_hard.png, transparent of, alpha to coverage on, backface culling of). ;)

But on the backside the inner skalp does not cover the normal skin because it is inside the skull (the skalp seems to be duplicated and pushed a bit up, better resize it by e.g 1.05 or something). I loaded the .obj file back into Blender and checked that just to see the reason for the problem. Did you model it on the mesh with or without helpers?

I could do a better texture for the inner skalp and a for some of the strands and with the small change of the skalp we have a new haircut of high quality. Are you interrested?
punkduck

Postby o4saken » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:26 am

Absolutely ! Please feel free to do whatever you want, any help is always appreciated. I did the hair without the helpers, directly on the human, then there were gaps so i then duplicated the scalp, and just CTRL J to join it to the hair meshes then did a quick unwrap just to give it texture to hide the baldness - i did not however see the back - also mainly because i am using my work computer which is not the best so things get a bit heavy when there is too much geometry to look for errors.
o4saken

Postby o4saken » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:34 am

Thought i would give another hairstyle a try, this being the Chinese bob. i think this one came out really nice actually, and its not overboard on the amount of hair ribbons :)

bob2.PNG
bob2.PNG (96.28 KiB) Viewed 5663 times

bob3.PNG
bob3.PNG (61.84 KiB) Viewed 5663 times

bobrender.png
Attachments
chinesebob.zip
(1.43 MiB) Downloaded 399 times
o4saken

Postby punkduck » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:17 pm

o4saken wrote:Absolutely ! Please feel free to do whatever you want, any help is always appreciated. I did the hair without the helpers, directly on the human, then there were gaps so i then duplicated the scalp, and just CTRL J to join it to the hair meshes then did a quick unwrap just to give it texture to hide the baldness - i did not however see the back - also mainly because i am using my work computer which is not the best so things get a bit heavy when there is too much geometry to look for errors.

Okay, I will do a version after a short vacation. Maybe also for the Chinese one, or a version combined with the Alice band I've used in this picture

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/download/file.php?id=5942&mode=view

You have to combine hair and Alice band ... otherwise it will not really work with the MH hairstyles.

In former times I also created the hairstyles on the basemesh without helpers. Then I threw away the basemesh, loaded the mesh with helpers and exported it again as .mhclo file. When you resize ears or other parts in MakeHuman the hair might deform weird, because the nearest vertices will be involved. I guess the helper mesh has the better result ...

Hey, you are doing all these wonderful assets, we should at least add some to the "official" contributed ones ... and I know that the work considering the geometry for hairstyles is the hardest thing, not the texture. Since I only work with strand hair the last two years, I neglected this topic. And my box isn't the best neither ... for the scene of the 4 girl choir it took something about 4 hours ...
punkduck

Postby MTKnife » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:15 am

I added a few of his earlier pieces of clothing, but then got sidetracked.

Scott
MTKnife

Postby o4saken » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:08 pm

Another attempt at Curls - i find them very difficult to do and not end up looking like ribbons. Oh well - the hair style itself i really like. The texture is so so.
This is using the texture from the Male long hair i did, only changed it to Blonde - but in one render i still used the original brown.
I see i forgot to change the Name of the hair object :( so its called human001....
Attachments
human.001.zip
(12.9 MiB) Downloaded 532 times
hairborwn.png
hairlblonde.png
hairlblonde2.png
hairlblonde2.png (73.07 KiB) Viewed 5628 times
o4saken

Postby o4saken » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:29 pm

My first jacket after all the fur experiments... think it came out quite good,
FURJACKET.png
Attachments
furjacket.zip
(7.08 MiB) Downloaded 557 times
o4saken

Postby Mindfront » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:35 pm

o4saken wrote:My first jacket after all the fur experiments... think it came out quite good,
FURJACKET.png

Yes! It is great, I am about to try it on Jennifer. Jackets is something I need and this model looks very good and is now part of my favorite assets, thank you :D
Mindfront

Postby o4saken » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:19 am

Mindfront wrote:
o4saken wrote:My first jacket after all the fur experiments... think it came out quite good,
FURJACKET.png

Yes! It is great, I am about to try it on Jennifer. Jackets is something I need and this model looks very good and is now part of my favorite assets, thank you :D

Thank you - coming from you this means a lot - i just look at some of your work, now especially the new ASKEL Model, and im in AWE, my work cant even compare to this level.
o4saken

PreviousNext

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)