Normal and Occlusion Maps

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Normal and Occlusion Maps

Postby Marco_105 » Mon May 08, 2017 1:55 pm

I mean some assets need to be reworked in BL, beacause too much vertices and so on, maybe its the same terms you use for max pol ?

I don't know what o4saken mean with license problems, you think that could involve MH in the repo ?
Marco_105

Postby wolgade » Mon May 08, 2017 2:48 pm

Marco_105 wrote:maybe its the same terms you use for max pol ?

No. Poles are where faces share a vertex. It's usually problematic if too many faces share one vertex so this is limited by a statememt in the mhclo file. If your mesh has 6-poles and this statement allows only for five (5-poles), your asset won't load and raise an error.
Marco_105 wrote:I don't know what o4saken mean with license problems,

Some of the stuff wasn't modelled by him. He found it somewhere and adapted it. He's not sure about the license that governs the original asset. You can set the license as you like if you're the creator. If you're not the creator you may not be able to sublicense at all.
wolgade

Postby Marco_105 » Mon May 08, 2017 6:14 pm

Ok, so its like Ngon ?
Marco_105

Postby punkduck » Mon May 08, 2017 9:25 pm

Marco_105 wrote:I mean some assets need to be reworked in BL, beacause too much vertices and so on, maybe its the same terms you use for max pol ?

I don't know what o4saken mean with license problems, you think that could involve MH in the repo ?

At least for the max_poles statement: makeclothes often generates only the small value of 5 in .mhclo-files. Somewhere I read this is an error of makeclothes and should be fixed. Anyway ... when importing the clothes in Makehuman you can check the error in the logfile and see how much poles are needed. Then simply change the value in the .mhclo file. I have done it at least 20 times ... :shock:

Just for an example: the highest max-pole value I used was 8 as far as I remember (center point of the traindrivers-cap and edge vertices of the double-layer bra).
punkduck

Postby RobBaer » Tue May 09, 2017 4:45 am

Marco_105 wrote:Ok, so its like Ngon ?

Multiple edges. One of the design goals MB had for the main A8 model was to minimize the number pole verts with more than 4 edges. There are very few on the whole model. I've marked a few.

pole.png
5 edge poles
RobBaer

Postby o4saken » Tue May 09, 2017 9:53 am

Was thinking to do some of the stranger types of jewellery that you get.. as an example - although this is very rough work.
But yes interested in peoples thoughts.
earpiece.png
o4saken

Postby Aranuvir » Tue May 09, 2017 10:08 am

At least for the max_poles statement: makeclothes often generates only the small value of 5 in .mhclo-files. Somewhere I read this is an error of makeclothes and should be fixed.

IMHO the code that gets max_pole itself is foolproof. Here is the code as a little blender script to play with. It will get the max_pole of the active object and print the result to the blender console:

Code: Select all
import bpy
C = bpy.context
D = bpy.data

obj = C.active_object

counts = dict([(vn,0) for vn in range(len(obj.data.vertices))])

for e in obj.data.edges:

vn1,vn2 = e.vertices

counts[vn1] += 1

counts[vn2] += 1

clist = list(counts.values())

clist.sort()

print(obj.name, ':', clist[-1])

But currently MC still has a built-in limit to 8 poles.
Aranuvir

Postby blindsaypatten » Tue May 09, 2017 11:06 am

5-poles usually occur where two cylindrical meshes are joined together:
Poles1.png

Poles2.png

But there are those two in the base mesh that seem to be different:
Poles3.png

Poles4.png

and one pair of 3-poles:
Poles5.png
blindsaypatten

Postby Marco_105 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:24 pm

Ok, thanks for u reply, I saw some assets with lots of max_pole in last few days in repo or somelse there, for clothe that could efficiency for the movement of it?
Marco_105

Postby o4saken » Wed May 10, 2017 8:50 am

Decided to try do something a little more different( an actual Python, and not script :D ), i actually really like it. Its basically a bezier curve, converted to mesh.
i set the z-depth to coat, hoping that it will sit on top of other clothing... not sure.
Oh and strangest thing, for the 1st time ever - using absolute paths, i never got the texture not found error!!! yay for small successes, it even had all the textures in the exported folder, so although i cant test it, i am pretty confident the textures for this one is working.
render2.png

render.png
Attachments
python.zip
(3.12 MiB) Downloaded 383 times
Last edited by o4saken on Wed May 10, 2017 11:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
o4saken

PreviousNext

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)