Normal and Occlusion Maps

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Normal and Occlusion Maps

Postby o4saken » Wed May 10, 2017 10:52 am

did a quick test, and mr Python sits quite nicely on other clothing - or shirts atleast
snake.png
Forgot the bump map on this one :(

snake.png
This is a better render of snake with the bump
o4saken

Postby joepal » Wed May 10, 2017 7:34 pm

Kind of fitting since MH is written in python...

(and a very cute image)
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby o4saken » Thu May 11, 2017 10:57 am

More fooling around, although i think she looks kinda cute - the textures for this one i am pretty sure are working. that said though there are two diffuse textures included in this zip, the mhat file refers to hoodiedif1.png (the darker panther texture), thus if you wanted to use the lighter skin then you would have to rename that texture file to hoodiedif1.
renderleopardfixed.png

renderleopard.png
This was an older render, where the bottom button was stretched, there were some texture blur issues, and i realised that the buttons should change sides after they are no longer buttoned up

EDIT - i did another texture for this, trying to get it to look more furry.
fur.png

texture added to its own zip file called hoodiedif2
Attachments
hoodiedif2.zip
(4 MiB) Downloaded 371 times
animalhoodie.zip
(6.27 MiB) Downloaded 374 times
o4saken

Postby Marco_105 » Sat May 13, 2017 4:43 pm

I you need some help for exe as define it previously o4saken i could help for it ! I'm wheeling !
Marco_105

Postby o4saken » Tue May 16, 2017 9:38 am

Trying different methods in blender for creating folds in fabric, anyways this is just a result of my latest method.
Love this method for skirts, its a single plane that i then just subdivided a bit, gave it about two folds in half, then added an array modifier, and using a edge loop from the models waist i added a curve modifier, thus the skirt automatically wraps around the model, resulting in this -
skitrrender.png
Attachments
kittyskirt.zip
(3.29 MiB) Downloaded 417 times
o4saken

Postby o4saken » Tue May 16, 2017 1:50 pm

WIP pants i am busy with. - having some texturing issues, will attack those tomorrow
pantsrend.png

OK so i fixed the texture blurring issue, then i also fixed the warped shape of the belt. this was an attempt at doing cloth folds that i saw someone else use, basically they start sculpting in very low poly, to get the main folds, then once you subdivide, you go in and neaten the folds, then finally if you subdivide for the last time it looks awesome as the folds are then really neatened and emphasized, well at least in their version it did look awesome - mine well, i think i should have stopped one subdivision down - that said it is not very high poly, but it looks a mess unless you add a subdivision modifier to get that final subdivision.
pantsrend.png
Attachments
camo.zip
(3.78 MiB) Downloaded 392 times
o4saken

Postby o4saken » Wed May 17, 2017 8:35 am

I just learnt something that i think is invaluable, once you have your uv layout and a basic diffuse texture, switch from object mode to vertex paint, then click paint dirty vertex. this will give the geometry light variations, i.e cavity will be black, then go to bake and bake vertex colors, this texture you then get out you take to GIMP/PS and you place it over your diffuse map and change the blend type to Multiply, there you can adjust the transparency but you end up with a much better diffuse texture
as an example here is the kitty skirt again, ok this time there is no bump or spec added to the render, but just look at the difference in the folds.
skirtrender.png

so with my experiment if anyone is interested here is a better diffuse for that skirt
Attachments
sKIRTDIF.png
o4saken

Postby o4saken » Thu May 18, 2017 8:10 am

I was having some fun yesterday just sculpting away using dynamic sculpt in blender, anyways came up with this, then thought to turn it into an asset.
blenderrender.png
This is the model rendered in blender render, showing what the diffuse texture and normal looks like

kniferender.png
This is cycles render, with the diffuse texture, but i selected the blade and made it anisotropic and then the ball on the handle i made glass

render1.png
A different view from cycles
Attachments
dagger.zip
(10.98 MiB) Downloaded 502 times
o4saken

Postby RobBaer » Fri May 19, 2017 9:16 am

Very cool. Love to see this submitted to the community assets if you have not already done so.
RobBaer

Postby punkduck » Sun May 21, 2017 7:47 pm

I must admit, that I really like your work, O4saken.

Especially the Death Note shirt. Sorry that I must admit that I had to read the wiki-article about Death Note to understand what it stands for ... after reading the story yesterday I ended up in Japanese music listening to the different Death Note themes from Hirano and Taniuchi etc. and forgot what I wanted to do. Which was trying the shirt on my characters.

But today I had more success. Since the clothes had some problems with materials and maxverts I changed small things to make it more "MakeHuman" friendly.

I added a delete group, bound the shirt on own vertex groups to get less problems with the armpits and fixed small color problems in the normal map. I did small geometry changes near the neck and on the right site to allow the character to wear e.g. the tight jeans. The original was obviously modelled on the average male, I did it on the same. Nevertheless also my female models may wear the shirt as you can see on the next picture. ;)

deathnote_example.jpg

Since I only reworked it a bit, I can upload the .obj, .mhclo, .mhmat the diffuse and normal-map + thumb as a zip file again so that it can be put into the assets by yourself

=== or ===

only with the author's permission I can also put it into the assets and mention who is the author. Without permission I will do none of that ...

But this shirt should really be part of the assets ... because it looks very realistic.
punkduck

PreviousNext

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)