Normal and Occlusion Maps

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Normal and Occlusion Maps

Postby o4saken » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:32 am

blindsaypatten wrote:Thanks for the tips!

Btw, the principled shader is available in the recent builds of 2.79. Certainly an easier upgrade than 2.8 which will break lots of MH stuff.

oh i got that wrong then - just checked work is version 2.78 - home in 2.79 which you are correct has the principled.
o4saken

Postby o4saken » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:24 pm

Ladys hairstyle

Finally managed to create a hair style that i think is pretty decent - its still not perfect, but its much better than my previous attempts - actually working on this one i could see what i was doing wrong - so if i get the energy to make a different one i am pretty sure it will be even better. But to be honest hair is a lot of work for something that i would never use myself.

this has a black and white image - like most of my stuff - that is used for the factor of the transparents mix shader node.

render1.png

render2.png

render3.png
Attachments
ladysmedhair.zip
(2.77 MiB) Downloaded 634 times
o4saken

Postby o4saken » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:30 pm

Medium blonde hair

Decided to give another hairstyle an attempt
so here is the reference that i kinda went for:
Medium-Length-Hairstyles-for-Women-2-13.jpg

And here is the result:
render.png

I do really like the way it came out - but its definitely not low poly, in order to get smooth curly hair i had to subdivide the mesh quite a bit.
doing a straight hairstyle would be much easier.
I have included a dark brown hair texture as well, and there is the Black and white texture that i use for the factor of the transparent mix shader node.
Attachments
mediumblondehair.zip
(16.9 MiB) Downloaded 650 times
o4saken

Postby GORYGIRL1996 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:12 am

o4saken wrote:This is just practising texture painting seams and edging in blender - far from perfect, but i am slowly getting there. I just find it very difficult to control both the model and the texture stamp and not get confused with all the buttons needed to be pushed, but practice makes perfect i guess - which i still need lots of :).

The image for the diffuse i found on Google - I am not sure what its copy right licence is - so definitely dont use this for commercial works. its a very simple shirt and the diffuse texture can easily be modified - in which case the shirt itself you can use for what ever you want.
MOUSERENDER.png

MOUSERENDER2.png

LOVE THIS HAIR! I KNOW THIS IS A LATE COMMENT ON AN ODL FORUM, BUT QUICK QUESTION SINCE U BROUGHT UP XNALARA AND ALL. DID U MAKE IT ON YOUR OWN, OR PORT IT FROM XNALARA? IF SO, ARE WE ALLOWED TO USE IT COMMERCIALLY? OR IS THAT A NO-GO?

ASKING SINCE THERE ARE NOT ALOT OF PONYTIAL MODELS IN THE MAKEHUMAN COMMUNITY. :(
GORYGIRL1996

Postby GORYGIRL1996 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:17 am

o4saken wrote:This is just practising texture painting seams and edging in blender - far from perfect, but i am slowly getting there. I just find it very difficult to control both the model and the texture stamp and not get confused with all the buttons needed to be pushed, but practice makes perfect i guess - which i still need lots of :).

The image for the diffuse i found on Google - I am not sure what its copy right licence is - so definitely dont use this for commercial works. its a very simple shirt and the diffuse texture can easily be modified - in which case the shirt itself you can use for what ever you want.
MOUSERENDER.png

MOUSERENDER2.png

HATE TO TELL YOU THIS (ESPECIALLY SINCE IT'S SO MANY YEARS LATER), BUT I GOT ERRORS WITH THE MOUSE SHIRT, IT WON'T' FIT THE CHARACTER, I AIN'T AN EXPERT, BUT I THINK SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH THE MHMAT FILE. :( IF UR NOT BUSY, COULD U PLEASE FIX IT?
GORYGIRL1996

Previous

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)