More detailed male model texture

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

Re: More detailed male model texture

Postby learning » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:09 pm

The new texture seems much better. Will you fix the normal map as well?
learning

Postby o4saken » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:00 am

Well i can tell you that i have learned a lot trying this, and in hind sight i think i went about it the more difficult way. But i am sure that then next attempt would be easier.. so yea i will probably give it another go on femal. However this texture once complete would be easy enough to adjust skin tone.
o4saken

Postby o4saken » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:03 am

learning wrote: Will you fix the normal map as well?

Yea i will once i am done with the texture, otherwise every time a change the diffuse texture i have to update the normals
o4saken

Postby learning » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:42 am

Fair enough. There are still a few issues with diffuse texture, in particular on the back. The head is also a different color than the rest of the body, all the little things.
learning

Postby o4saken » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:44 am

learning wrote:Fair enough. There are still a few issues with diffuse texture, in particular on the back. The head is also a different color than the rest of the body, all the little things.

Yes i have been working on the back as the textures there get pulled into position, thus he ended up with stretched looking skin, i have been working on making the texture there smaller
o4saken

Postby o4saken » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:58 am

Alright so done quite a bit of edits.. on the front i made the shadow under the pecs smaller and sharper alos done some work overall, reworked the back so there aren't any seams and fixed the serious texture issues there. Also there was a seam where the hands met the body, this has been worked on. The face color has been adjusted.

The Normal Map has been updated and turned down a bit

included is an Occlusion map - not sure how well this is working.. i have however used it in the example renders

Edit: Looking closely at the back there was still a seam where the shoulder blade becomes the back.. i have since cleaned that up - as seen in the large shoulder picture as well as cleaned the texture on the shoulder.
Attachments
shoulder.png
newskin.png
Last edited by o4saken on Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
o4saken

Postby o4saken » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:33 pm

Thought it would be interesting to see a comparison using the same model with the original texture from MakeHuman
Attachments
ORIGINAL TEXTURE.png
o4saken

Postby learning » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:35 pm

Yes, looks much better now. There are still some minor artifacts in MH like seams being visible if you look from the back, also ears and left cheek. How do you enable the occlusion map in .mhmat btw?
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-11-13_22-26-28.png
learning

Postby o4saken » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:57 am

At this point i am beyond confused... why is there that dark section on the back of the neck when the texture doesnt have that, in editing the texture i cut a piece from the section that is coming across so dark, placed it over the lighter section and it is the same color...

I think its the normal map.... looking at that now it has two different shades on the neck... if someone can please try it in make human without the normals
o4saken

Postby learning » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:59 am

Yeah, without normal map it looks better and the seams are less prominent (only on the top of the head there's a visible scar). The problem with ears and left cheek is still there.
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-11-14_14-54-28.png
learning

PreviousNext

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)