My hobby short film, with MH figures

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

My hobby short film, with MH figures

Postby Rhynedahll » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNAllyO ... e=youtu.be

First complete edit, still needs work on animations & etc.
Orphan, an epic fantasy by H. Jonas Rhynedahll
The Key to Magic: Book One
Available on Kindle at Amazon: The Key to Magic
Rhynedahll

Re: My hobby short film, with MH figures

Postby NewArt2000 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:15 pm

Nice work, I liked the concept and the camera work. The lighting was spot on and I liked your shot choices. I would I would like some details on how you made this short. Great work keep working at looking forward to seeing more of your work.
NewArt2000

Postby Rhynedahll » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:29 am

NewArt2000 wrote:Nice work, I liked the concept and the camera work. The lighting was spot on and I liked your shot choices. I would I would like some details on how you made this short. Great work keep working at looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Glad to share any details. However, since the film was a learning project, I can't guarantee that the way I did certain elements is the best way to do something.

I followed quite a number a tutorials to make this and it took approximately two months of effort.

What in particular would you like to know?
Rhynedahll

Postby NewArt2000 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:11 am

Rhynedahll wrote:
NewArt2000 wrote:Nice work, I liked the concept and the camera work. The lighting was spot on and I liked your shot choices. I would I would like some details on how you made this short. Great work keep working at looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Glad to share any details. However, since the film was a learning project, I can't guarantee that the way I did certain elements is the best way to do something.

I followed quite a number a tutorials to make this and it took approximately two months of effort.

What in particular would you like to know?

Thanks again. I like your use of the pov shot. so first of all I was wonder about your render settings. I will look at the video again and post some questions later. I also would like to maybe place a story and link to it on my blog https://newart2000.wordpress.com/ .
NewArt2000

Postby Rhynedahll » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:45 pm

NewArt2000 wrote:
Rhynedahll wrote:

Thanks again. I like your use of the pov shot. so first of all I was wonder about your render settings. I will look at the video again and post some questions later. I also would like to maybe place a story and link to it on my blog https://newart2000.wordpress.com/ .

I used direct lighting and high clamp values to reduce fireflies. I experimented with light portals in 2.75, but did not see enough improvement to retrofit all of the skylights and windows.

I have an HDR environment texture (sky), point lights, and a sun lamp.

I found the music after I started and adapted the scenes to fit the music.
Rhynedahll

Postby RobBaer » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:21 pm

Nice job and very fun to watch. Especially liked the glasses reflection transition at the end.

Thanks for sharing your efforts!
RobBaer

Postby Déesse » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:20 pm

Wonderful video! I love the atmosphere and especially the end. What a pity that it's not possible to show videos here.

image.jpg
Déesse

Postby Rhynedahll » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:21 pm

Déesse wrote:Wonderful video! I love the atmosphere and especially the end. What a pity that it's not possible to show videos here.

image.jpg

Thanks. Due to the inherent limitations of the project, I knew that I had to tell the basic story without dialogue and I believe that this edit is really close.
Rhynedahll

Postby Rhynedahll » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:22 pm

RobBaer wrote:Nice job and very fun to watch. Especially liked the glasses reflection transition at the end.

Thanks for sharing your efforts!

Thanks. I'm glad that you enjoyed it.
Rhynedahll

Postby devrich » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:36 am

Rhynedahll wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNAllyO_rC8&feature=youtu.be

First complete edit, still needs work on animations & etc.

Great work! Work like this would do extremely well as one of those short films you see before the start of movies at the theaters, imho :)

btw, ( forgive my naivete ) but what was that bit in the credits about "Moose activity" :?: I've never heard of that before....
Don't settle for what someone else made -- upPIC your own [:.:] at: http://DevRich78.com/upPIC
devrich

Next

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)