Working With mhx2 in blender

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

Working With mhx2 in blender

Postby NewArt2000 » Thu May 21, 2015 8:03 pm

I have been experimenting with mhx2 in blender. I am learning animation I tried some lip sync and basic blocking with blender. I used makehuman 10.2 and mhx2 with blender 2.72. I think it is very usable with some tweaking. If anyone knows how to fix the weighting on your character let me know. Any advice tips or tricks are welcomed.

Thanks in advance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td5Y7zPVYOE
NewArt2000

Re: Working With mhx2 in blender

Postby ThomasL » Sat May 30, 2015 2:36 am

You might want to try the unstable version of mhx2, https://bitbucket.org/ThomasMakeHuman/mhx2-makehuman-exchange/downloads. I have been unhappy with the deformations for a long time, and finally decided to do something about it. Deformation is better with the new version, I think.
ThomasL

Postby NewArt2000 » Sun May 31, 2015 9:39 pm

ThomasL wrote:You might want to try the unstable version of mhx2, https://bitbucket.org/ThomasMakeHuman/mhx2-makehuman-exchange/downloads. I have been unhappy with the deformations for a long time, and finally decided to do something about it. Deformation is better with the new version, I think.

Thank you I will give that a try. I also would like you to know the add on is very functional with a few tweaks and if I have the time and with a little more research I do plan to do a post about it on my blog. Great work at keeping makehuman working and getting better. By the way will it work with any of the new nightly builds ? thanks again
NewArt2000

Postby ThomasL » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:06 am

NewArt2000 wrote:By the way will it work with any of the new nightly builds ? thanks again

Yes, my intention is to keep mhx2 updated both for new MH and for new Blender releases, and maintain compatibility back to MH 1.0.2 and Blender 2.70 as well. However, there might be a delay from a change has been introduced in MH or Blender until I get around to fix MHX2 for it.
ThomasL

Postby throwcode » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:48 pm

Hi Thomas I have been using the latest MHX2 and ran into the following:

I noticed that I was not able to append the MHX2 character that I worked on in one Blender file to another for use. The character appended but none of the handy controls were available. That is none of the animation controls (FK or IK), visemes, facial shapes, etc in the MHX2 runtime.

Is it possible to append an MHX2 Character between Blender files and include the controlling features?

WOOPS SORRY THAT WAS THE FILE NOT THE MHX2 CHARACTER THAT WAS THE PROBLEM - PLEASE DISREGARD THIS QUESTION!

Thanks,
tc
throwcode

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)