Mage Rogue

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

Mage Rogue

Postby ChrisSch » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:32 am

My yesterdays experimenting/prototyping. :D

Mage Rogue.png
ChrisSch

Re: Mage Rogue

Postby duststorm » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:37 am

Good start.
Try experimenting with cloth sim or sculpting to get some folds in and have it looking more real.
Also some texture details is what will make it look real, but I admit good texturing is quite a challenge. Best bet here is to use some reference photos and try and project those onto your mesh.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby ChrisSch » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:12 am

duststorm wrote:Good start.
Try experimenting with cloth sim or sculpting to get some folds in and have it looking more real.
Also some texture details is what will make it look real, but I admit good texturing is quite a challenge. Best bet here is to use some reference photos and try and project those onto your mesh.

Thanks! I'm developing the char for use in Unity, so I'll probably end up rigging and animating the clothes. And yeah, I have no issues with texturing, I can do it, but chose not to yet until I finish other projects, and make sure I can commit to a character one, as it requires lots of research, and design. This is just placeholders and experimenting to better visualize it. :D

Experimenting with hair now, instead of a Tree Pack project I'm suppose to be working on. :)

As particles in Blender. Intentionally unrealistic.
Mage Rogue 5.PNG

And as curves/mesh, realistic. But I'm trying to turn the particles into a mesh without losing the look. Asked Oscalon how to do it in his Hatsune Miku thread. Yes its a bit thin, should have added more strands before combing it and converting, but its only my second try. :D
Mage Rogue 6.PNG

I so wish I had more time to spend with Makehuman and try MakeTarget, its all very fun. I decided to make elf ears, or demon horns with MakeTarget when I get around it, if that sort of thing is possible. I imagine everything is possible if we don't change the topology.
ChrisSch

Postby ChrisSch » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:03 am

dianranart wrote:Nice renders. Thanks for uploading.

Thanks! I made some more clothes since then.

Mage Rogue Clothes.PNG

Mage Rogue 7.PNG

I love Makehuman I wish the forums were livelier. :D
ChrisSch

Postby duststorm » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:43 am

Pretty cool game character :)
Since she has long hair and draped clothing, you'll probably need some cloth physics simulation to make it look believable in motion. Did you experiment with that already?
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby ChrisSch » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:00 am

duststorm wrote:Pretty cool game character :)
Since she has long hair and draped clothing, you'll probably need some cloth physics simulation to make it look believable in motion. Did you experiment with that already?

Unity has it's own cloth system, a fairly basic one atm, it can interact only with primitive colliders such as box, capsule, and sphere, and doesn't interact with itself. And as fun and interesting it is to play with, I'll probably end up giving the clothes, and hair, a few bones and animating them with each body animation. Its better for performance.

I want to first establish in my head what kind of clothes/armor I want for the character, so I tried drawing it, but ended up with something completely different. So I might go for that. The skirt part of that armor is an almost rigid material. So the hair would need most animating.

CAM01339a.jpg
ChrisSch

Postby duststorm » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:24 pm

Cool concept art :)
Indeed, having more stiff fabric for the dress would make things easier, and probably give a more stylized look to the character.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby valenco » Thu May 07, 2015 5:55 am

Very interesting work. :P
valenco

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)