Ivy REBOOT (wip)

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Ivy REBOOT (wip)

Postby N.O.A. » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:06 pm

joepal wrote:I trick I used with particle hair in old blender internal render was to have a ramp with transparency for hair strands. As in starting close to 100% opaque at root and then gradually getting more transparent towards tip. That made the hair look more fluffy in total.

Don't know how to implement this in cycles though.

I think I managed to do this... you just need to plug the color ramp at the factor of a mix of a transparent and hair material
tried it here:
ivybalding3.png

I think I made the hair too thin which makes her hair look thinning lol

ChrisSch wrote:Looks awesome! Which rig did you use? All of them have weird weights for me in the nightlies.

Thanks :D I just use the default rig.... yep weird deformations... but I think it's mostly because the default rig was so complex for me so I need to study it more
*non related to ivy:
I tried to make another character smile with the face rig :
why.png

nooope.. :lol: I actually made it a lot better though... but not yet convincing enough to post it here XD

so I decided to make myself a new wallpaper with Ivy sporting her body suit:
ivysuit1low.jpg

well it's just a repaint of the special suit thingy... lol... but this would not be her real suit cause she'll actually be wering some heavy armor (think of it like metroid or something).... but I still need to model it... XD
anyways here's the edited wallpaper version:
ivysuitwallpaper.jpg

made the lighting more dramatic and blurred out her nipples lol... I didn't edit it effectively in sculpt mode :mrgreen:

so here's the new Ivy (from that cutesy space girl to badass futuristic soldier... I think ;) )
hope you like her :D
N.O.A.

Re: Ivy REBOOT (wip)

Postby ChrisSch » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:10 pm

Looks great, and if Batman can have nipple suits, so can Ivy! :D
ChrisSch

Previous

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)