Hatsune Miku WIP

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

Hatsune Miku WIP

Postby Oscalon » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:50 am

Mostly finished. Still need to add a few accessories and textures.

Blender (Cycles, Freestyle), MakeHuman, and Marvelous Designer.

MikuOutfit-2.png
Last edited by Oscalon on Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oscalon

Re: Hatsune Miku WIP

Postby Manuel » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:55 am

It's fantastic!
Nice shader, nice style, nice hair!
Can we add this to your gallery, when finished? I can't wait to see it posed...
Manuel

Postby CruNcher » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:28 pm

Yeah really nice Workflow Result :)
CruNcher

Postby duststorm » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:33 pm

It's very good indeed!
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby CruNcher » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:49 pm

It would rock in Sonys AR Demos ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olx8XKV-P2g
CruNcher

Postby ChrisSch » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:23 am

Is there a trick to get an anime looking face, or is this an illusion?
ChrisSch

Postby Oscalon » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:20 pm

It is not technically an anime face. The facial proportions match those of Final Fantasy characters, which are the same as a normal human but with smaller jaw, longer and thinner nose, sharper chin, etc. It has anime style shading though, which reduces detail. MakeHuman cannot currently do a proper anime style face at the moment.

Note that exactly what a proper 'anime' face is varies from show to show. Normally, the more cutesy 'moe' style has the big flat eyes and only tiny dot for a nose. But there's also been plenty of recent shows that do have more full facial proportions, but at still anime. Try looking up Your Lie in April, the new Ghost in the Shell, or JoJo's Bizzare adventure. You'll note that in all of these they have more properly proportioned noses and mouths. These styles can be made with MakeHuman.
Oscalon

Postby ChrisSch » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:56 am

Oscalon wrote:It is not technically an anime face. The facial proportions match those of Final Fantasy characters, which are the same as a normal human but with smaller jaw, longer and thinner nose, sharper chin, etc. It has anime style shading though, which reduces detail. MakeHuman cannot currently do a proper anime style face at the moment.

Note that exactly what a proper 'anime' face is varies from show to show. Normally, the more cutesy 'moe' style has the big flat eyes and only tiny dot for a nose. But there's also been plenty of recent shows that do have more full facial proportions, but at still anime. Try looking up Your Lie in April, the new Ghost in the Shell, or JoJo's Bizzare adventure. You'll note that in all of these they have more properly proportioned noses and mouths. These styles can be made with MakeHuman.

Its a bit of an illusion, and different style then. :D

Yes I know its not anime, just tricked me cause she sort of looks like an adult anime character, and I'm very sleepy (I use that excuse a lot). Anyway its very well done. I'm experimenting now to achieve more "idealistic" body shape like the Tera MMORPG game characters or superheroes, but the lack of options in the breasts/chest area is making it difficult, without turning into an alien. Plus those chars have such thin waists I had to change pretty much everything but the waist, to make it look good enough. Sort of like instead of moving the ship through the universe, you move the universe. :D
ChrisSch

Postby Oscalon » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:51 am

For many of those sorts of changes, it can be better to do them outside MakeHuman in whatever 3D program you use next. But if you do, you can then bring your altered mesh back into MakeHuman as a custom target for future meshes. So if you want to make several characters using similar idealized proportions, its worth doing.
Oscalon

Postby ChrisSch » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:35 am

Oscalon wrote:For many of those sorts of changes, it can be better to do them outside MakeHuman in whatever 3D program you use next. But if you do, you can then bring your altered mesh back into MakeHuman as a custom target for future meshes. So if you want to make several characters using similar idealized proportions, its worth doing.

Oh I can do that? I just started going more into Makehuman instead of just messing around, so do I need to use MakeTarget for that? I haven't even looked at it yet. Or is it enough that I don't change any vertices. I assume the answer is, yes MakeTarget. :D

I'm busy with other projects so new version will probably be out when I'm ready for characters. I suuuck at clothing and armor, I've never done that before, hopefully I just need practice. I'm a 3D game artist but most my stuff is architectures, and environments. :P

Not to invade your thread with pics, here's what I was experimenting with yesterday: http://forum.makehuman.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11722
ChrisSch

Next

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)