Mh180b_1_1_2.45

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

Mh180b_1_1_2.45

Postby kevinleake01 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:44 pm

Here is a screenshot of one of the earlier Makehuman projects known as "mh180b_1_1_2.45". It is a Blender .blend file, and this is what it looks like in Blender 2.71:

mh180b_1_1.blend.png

Also a Maketarget .blend file:
maketarget1-1.blend.png

Mh180b_1_1_2.45 is still available as a RAR archive file, and you can find it at:
http://wiki.blender.org/uploads/e/e0/Make_Human_180b_1_1_2.45.rar or
https://sites.google.com/site/blenderscriptstorage/MakeHuman180b_1_1_2.45.rar
kevinleake01

Re: Mh180b_1_1_2.45

Postby Manuel » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:58 pm

A lot of years ago...
Manuel

Postby rampa » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:43 pm

I am looking forward to the return of the T-pose in 1.2.

I think it will really help the armpit topology when it comes to weighting and deforming.

If there is a trick to getting the current mesh into a T-pose without the big triangular patch under the arms, someone please let me know. It's much more problematic when the mesh is male. I cannot weight paint it away, because the affected polys just go back to there default position where the arm was at rest (angled out and down). And it's really extreme if I want to raise the arms.

Specifically, where triangles have to stretch to much to make a natural armpit shape. Hope these images illustrate what I mean.

triangle.JPG

return.JPG
rampa

Postby Manuel » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:54 pm

rampa wrote:I am looking forward to the return of the T-pose in 1.2.

I think it will really help the armpit topology when it comes to weighting and deforming.

If there is a trick to getting the current mesh into a T-pose without the big triangular patch under the arms, someone please let me know. It's much more problematic when the mesh is male. I cannot weight paint it away, because the affected polys just go back to there default position where the arm was at rest (angled out and down). And it's really extreme if I want to raise the arms.

Specifically, where triangles have to stretch to much to make a natural armpit shape. Hope these images illustrate what I mean.

Why do you post this in this thread (that was already barely in topic in "gallery") ?
Anyway I'll better look at the dorsi problem in next weeks.
Please consider that you are using something that's LESS than unstable.
It's so unstable that we still can't merge it in the official unstable...

As side note, the A-pose is much better for deforming.
There are many things that usually people don't consider, but they are very important for realism.
Just to tell you an example, the shape and volume of pectorals, in a realistic T-pose, are completely different from shape and volume of pectoral in pose with arms down (I-pose).
We usually see some characters in T-pose that have the pectorals bulged as they were in I-pose. This is very unnatural and bad during a realistic animation.
On the contrary starting from A-pose, the arms are in the middle between T-pose and I-pose, so the pectorals are much more realistic and easy to calibrate.
Manuel

Postby rampa » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:36 pm

I'm still learning. :)
rampa

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)