Tutorial realistic skin for 3d models

A place for unofficial tutorials posted by MH users

Moderator: joepal

Re: Tutorial realistic skin for 3d models

Postby Jacob3D » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:14 pm

Jacob3D wrote:
Manuel wrote:
Jacob3D wrote:Is this same skin texture method possible in Blender alone???
:?:
I know this is a 2 year old thread, but I would like to know for a lots of reasons.

Blender + Gimp + Krita can do everything.

So your saying I can composite this skin texture for a "MakeHuman model" in Blender's cycles render alone? I know that all "three" of those software's can do everything, but I was wondering if Blender is a "stand alone" for this texture :?:

Thanks for replying :)

BTW is Gimp free?
Jacob3D

Postby devrich » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:59 pm

Jacob3D wrote:BTW is Gimp free?

GIMP is free http://www.gimp.org/

If you prefer there is also Paint.net and Pinta which both are also free.

All three of those graphics programs are great! :)
Don't settle for what someone else made -- upPIC your own [:.:] at: http://DevRich78.com/upPIC
devrich

Postby Manuel » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:22 pm

Jacob3D wrote:but I was wondering if Blender is a "stand alone" for this texture :?:

What do you mean as standalone? Are you asking if you can do a texture from scratch directly in Blender? The reply is: yes, but it's not the best software for 2d paint.
Manuel

Postby Jacob3D » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:27 am

Manuel wrote:
Jacob3D wrote:but I was wondering if Blender is a "stand alone" for this texture :?:

What do you mean as standalone? Are you asking if you can do a texture from scratch directly in Blender? The reply is: yes, but it's not the best software for 2d paint.

Funny how I was blind sided from this comment, but so, your saying that blender is limited for 2d painting. But I can get that same realistic skin texture in the photo above with 2d painting?

what free 2d painting software can I use to get my results? was gimp and Krita one of them as you mentioned???
Jacob3D

Previous

Return to Tutorials