Making MakeHuman Avatars for Opensimulator and Second Life

A place for unofficial tutorials posted by MH users

Moderator: joepal

Re: Making MakeHuman Avatars for Opensimulator and Second Li

Postby mariaring » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:32 am

Hello,
its work great, but i have problems, i whould like the head load not the shape or body, have any ideas what i must do than? By the way when i load to sl its shirt on not nude, why? Thank you
mariaring

Postby Bo Orsini » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:59 pm

mariaring wrote:Hello,
its work great, but i have problems, i whould like the head load not the shape or body, have any ideas what i must do than? By the way when i load to sl its shirt on not nude, why? Thank you

If you only want to upload the head (with or without eyebrows/teeth), then you need to delete the rest in Blender except the armature of course.

About the shirt; Did create the body in MH with or without shirt? If I'm correct, you can unlink that shirt in SL. I always create bodies - in Makehuman - Nude.
Bo Orsini (SL)
Bo Orsini

Postby Bo Orsini » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:04 pm

mariaring wrote:Hello,

Oh, and check out an updated how-to here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10028
Bo Orsini (SL)
Bo Orsini

Postby mariaring » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:19 pm

Thank you so mutch:) I have load the new Version and the Turtional, fantastic, great, wow:) i am a dummy on blender, i have not idea, what is the way to delete the body, please help, lol
mariaring

Postby mariaring » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:38 pm

I have all load and make, but the arms not correct, i have not idea yet, who is the problem...hmmh i have a pic make, i hope this is ok
[urlImage][/url]
mariaring

Postby Bo Orsini » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:05 am

I believe ThomasL had the same problem when he tested this. Not sure which tutorial you used, this thread is about the tutorial by mealea, not me.
Bo Orsini (SL)
Bo Orsini

Postby mariaring » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:10 pm

Its all ok yet, i have mistake make..forgott was....its work good, thank you Bo and for your help:)
mariaring

Postby MealeaYing » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:32 pm

Thanks for helping in here Bo!
Im working on your tutorial now, but more on that over there.

@Mariaring:

It looks like you did some posing in Blender in that image, Im not sure of that but that is the only thing that would cause this as far as I know.

To delete things in Blender everything is backwards, you have to right click the object once and then hit the delete key and then in that tiny box hit delete, or hit delete key and then hit the enter key.
Blender will close and ruin hours or days of hard work and yet it demands to know that you are sure if you want to delete a simple cube. UI design is not their strong point.
I did it, blame me, its my fault!
MealeaYing

Postby duststorm » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:37 pm

MealeaYing wrote:UI design is not their strong point.

I think it's still acceptable, if you compare it to the clunky user interfaces of tools like Maya or 3DS MAX ;)
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby MealeaYing » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:20 pm

duststorm wrote:
MealeaYing wrote:UI design is not their strong point.

I think it's still acceptable, if you compare it to the clunky user interfaces of tools like Maya or 3DS MAX ;)

GRIN!!!
I am comparing it to Sculptris which is totally unfair on my part.
If I could afford Max and or Maya I would feed a few hundred people instead, and not just once!
Its funny about Blenders UI, one of the best Blender tutorials authors out there, Andrew Price, offered up a LOT of GREAT suggestions and ideas about how to make it more usable, he was screamed at so hard that he backpedaled and retracted a lot of what he said. I think this is sad as quite literately millions of people do not use Blender simply because they do things like turn the mouse insidout, from there it just gets harder.
Ahh well, I love Blender but despise its UI, I avoid it when ever possible as it makes my hands hurt and it effects using other software by making me use my mouse wrong.
I did it, blame me, its my fault!
MealeaYing

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials