Making MakeHuman Avatars for Opensimulator and Second Life

A place for unofficial tutorials posted by MH users

Moderator: joepal

Re: Making MakeHuman Avatars for Opensimulator and Second Li

Postby duststorm » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:12 pm

Miltades wrote:it wasn't able to be done because whenever I use that setting, or any of them. I get this :
e7038fbf1aa510d2724d2e0dc2c5cbbb.png

This might be a bug with bones not getting oriented correctly.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby lionjonesford » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:52 pm

Hello nice folk...
thanks a lot for this tutorial,i really appreciate it..last couple of days i was trying to export MH to secondlife and allways got the same issue...(sure i was following instructions from this tutorial)...

MakeHuman 1.0 alpha 7
Blender 2.68
Secondlife wievers.phoenix-singularity-firestorm-alchemy
Windows7 ultimate

i even tryed to use another Blender but sadly i allways come to same result.... :evil:
working on MH was really great and fun...exporting to Blender was working smooth and tutorial steps was easy to understand ,,,everithing was fine and even exporting and uploading to secondlife was preety good...i detached everything from my avatar,,even AO....then i was wearing new alpha(to make me invisible)...rezed MH object to the ground and droped my texture on it.....and finaly here is result :roll:

i also tryed PNG texture ,targa 24 and 32 bit...even both resolutions 1024 and 2048
Attachments
Snapshot_001.png
see throu effect
lionjonesford

Postby MykieMedjool » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:57 pm

hi, i have the latest make human and i found the resources page that gives the "sl" rig but still haveing issues on import of my legs and arms being all coiled up.. is there an updated version of this guide ? thank you
MykieMedjool

Postby Déesse » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:15 pm

Please have a look at the illustrations in the first post of this topic

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11970
Déesse

Postby MykieMedjool » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:31 am

Déesse wrote:Please have a look at the illustrations in the first post of this topic

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11970

i did, thats how i got this this last page , by reading all the posts before it
MykieMedjool

Postby Déesse » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:52 pm

You followed this thread or the other?
It will be helpful when you write step by step what you have done to find out where something is missing. For me it sounds as if the T-pose is not exported the right way.
Déesse

Postby carlev12 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:53 am

MealeaYing wrote:Hya everyone!
Hows life?
This is a tutorial I made for someone in the newbie section of this forum who asked how to go from MakeHuman to Blender to Second Life. There could be some discussion there but that remains to be seen.
I did this going into Opensimulator but the process is exactly the same as going into SL and is not all that hard once you get the hang of it.

Im using version MakeHuman 1.0 alpha 7 and judging by the nightly release I got yesterday I will be sticking with it for a while, but thats neither here nor there.
Also I used Blender v.2.68 r58537 though I don't think anyone needs to worry about the r part.
The viewer Im using is Singularity, I dont think the version matters to much but if it does its available at http://www.singularityviewer.org/

As I said the process is the same for Opensim and SL, the only real difference is that in SL its going to cost you money, possibly a lot of it.

Oh yah: I later learned you do NOT need to do the blender step but its a very very very good thing to be able to do, if you can have your model in Blender you can modify it even more and that is never a bad thing right? Anyhow this means you can do what you like in MakeHuman and go right into your world directly.

1) Do whatever you like in Make Human, meaning go nuts with the shape, it shouldn't be an issue.
2) Hit the FILES TAB at the top.
3) Hit the EXPORT TAB just below that in the second row.
4) In the menu on the LEFT select Collada (.Dae).
5) In the menu on the right turn on: Rotate 90 X
6) In the menu on the right turn on:Rotate 90 Z
7) Turn off Helper Geometry (if its on).
8) Set the measurement to Meter (if you set it to DecaMeter the results can be... interesting, in SL they could get you banned)
9) Turn Use SecondLife Rig.
10) In the text box in the middle Give your file a glorious and easy to remember name (my first successful one was something unfit for print with a version number of like 30 or so...)
11) Now hit the EXPORT Button next to the text box you just put the name in. Make Human will tell you where it put your file.
12) Have a nice stiff drink, Blender is next.

Ok, thats the Make Human side, the Blender side is next, it involves VERY LITTLE fussing about! I know, this is a bit shocking isn't it?
This is the one and only case where Blender is easy... unless you want to make a cube...

1) Ok, Open Blender!
2) In the File Menu under Import select Collada (.dae).
3) Find the file you saved and open it.
4) Your figure should appear right in the middle looking a bit small, don't worry, this is good. Dont screw with it.
5) You didn't screw with it right? Ok good! You can screw with it later, I had problems when I did so that why I say not to.
6) In the file menu go into Export and select Collada (.dae) again.
7) Now this is important, look on the left for where it says EXPORT COLLADA (you may need to scroll) Under that it will say Operator Presets, select Second Life Rigged.
8) Under Armature Options turn OFF Deform Bones Only.
9) Leave the rest of it the way it is.
10) Name your new file something clever and witty.
11) Figure out where you want to put it, somewhere easy to find is smart (I know this because I was stupid a lot).
12) Make another drink or you will get hung over before you are finished.
13) Hit the Export Button twice (I don't know why you need to do it twice but thats how it is for me).

Now you are just about ready to import it into the grid of your choice.
So, here we reach a point where I have to say that I don't use SL or any of their v.2 or v.3 type viewers and that what I do use is called the Singularity Viewer (I mentioned this above and provided a link), I think, but do not know that the mesh import stuff is the same in most of these viewers, Im almost positive but almost is not the same as fact.

1) Anyhow fire up your viewer.
2) Open the mesh import window (This IS different in each viewer, in singularity you do this in the File Menu logically).
3) Select the file you exported from Blender.
4) At the top you should see a thing that says "This Model Represents:" Set the box (where it says Choose One) beneath that to Avatar Shape.
5) In the Upload Options tab turn on Include Skin Weight and Include Joint Positions.
6) Hit the Calculate Weights and Fee button and wait for a LONGISH time. Eventually that button will turn into UPLOAD.
7) Hit the UPLOAD Button.
8) And wait some more....
9) Your figure will appear in your inventory.[/list]

Now, as soon as you rez it you will notice that it has no textures, this is ok, all you need to do is upload them. In the case of hair if you have hair on your figure, and I don't recommend this, it will create problems with the alphas you use to hide your avatar, but say you do have them, you will need to convert the hair texture to something compatible with SL or Opensim, I use Targa (.tga) personally but thats up to you. If you do use Targa make sure its set to 32 bit and that compression is off.
Once you upload your figures texture you simply drag it onto your figure from your inventory, if it looks like only part of it is on there just do it again in the screwy looking part.
Once you do all that take it your figure back into your inventory.

Next is getting it onto your self, this part is funny, in order to be gorgeous one must become invisible. In other words the beloved SL avatar must go.

1) Take off ALL of your clothing and attachments or things could get confusing, if anyone looks at you funny poke them in the eye and tell them to get lost.
2) This is another place where viewers vary, in mine I right click on my self and hit Edit Appearance in the pie menu, if yours is different shake your fist at the sky and curse yourself hoarse.
3) Now go into the Physics section and select all the little boxes in there you should see your self vanish bit by bit.
4) Now that you are invisible go into your inventory and right click on your textured avatar and under Attach To: select Root.

You should now walk around jump and stuff like that, if you detatched your AO you should reattach it, it SHOULD work flawlessly. Now would be a good time to start another drink in celebration of the fact that you are now stunning and far more life like.
Look down:
YOU HAVE TOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that I have not left anything out and that this works for you, it took a lot of work to figure out and I don't want anyone to have the same problems doing this that I did.
Also if anything is wrong PLEASE let me know ok?

Cheers!
Mealea
cant find secondlife rig in make human
carlev12

Postby carlev12 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:56 am

in make human cant find sl rig and also not in blender
carlev12

Postby RobBaer » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:24 am

Deesse is the expert, but the directions you share are a little dated. Are you still using alpha 7 version? If not, how did you handle steps 5 and 6 in the instructions you used? This may hold some clues to you problems with twisting.

Did you look at this?
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11970&start=10#p29245

The rig you want may be here
http://www.makehumancommunity.org/conte ... m_rig.html
RobBaer

Postby Danz+67 » Sat May 28, 2022 9:53 am

I tried to follow the tutorial instructions step by step but a crucial menu item is missed (point 9), quote: "Turn Use SecondLife Rig". Seems my MH has not such export function :shock:
I have the last 1.2.0 MH release running under Ubuntu 20.0.4.
MH is amazing but I'm still stuck in making a rigged avatar wearable, with skin weight working, posing and moving in OpenSimulator.
Should I install extra add-ons other the ones coming in bundle?

Thanks for attention
Danz+67

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials