UVMapping on the MakeHuman 1.0 Alpha 8

A place for unofficial tutorials posted by MH users

Moderator: joepal

UVMapping on the MakeHuman 1.0 Alpha 8

Postby yumri » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:55 am

atm i am using MakeHuman 1.0 Alpha 8 r6149 and i want to be able to adjust how it looks once imported to blender in a .mhx file. This can be done through UVMapping just where do i get the default skin for it as i found the UVMap export option. The skin doesn't have to be that great just enough to compare to the MakeHuman 1.0 Alpha 7 skin and enough to help me learn how to make changes to the body using the UVMapping feature of 3D modeling programs. What i will request is a good skin like last time but whatever works is good.
yumri

Re: UVMapping on the MakeHuman 1.0 Alpha 8

Postby brkurt » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:00 pm

yumri wrote:atm i am using MakeHuman 1.0 Alpha 8 r6149 and i want to be able to adjust how it looks once imported to blender in a .mhx file. This can be done through UVMapping just where do i get the default skin for it as i found the UVMap export option. The skin doesn't have to be that great just enough to compare to the MakeHuman 1.0 Alpha 7 skin and enough to help me learn how to make changes to the body using the UVMapping feature of 3D modeling programs. What i will request is a good skin like last time but whatever works is good.

One of the nicest things about the Alpha 8 mesh is that you can create your own UV maps with a minimum of fuss in Blender 2.6x.

Start by turning the model around (ctrl + 1), select two in-line vertices on the centre of the model's lower back, then using the Edge Specials Menu (ctrl + e), create and Edge Loop. It should go all the way around the torso, stopping at the upper lip. Use 'Mark Seam' to lock it down. After that, create an Edge Loop around the neck, wrists and ankles. Finally--and this is a little bit trickier--select two inline vertices on the pinky toe,and locate the Edge loop that covers the most vertices. I have connected as few a six to complete the feet and hands this way, they look like gloves when you are finished.

This approximates that work that Manuel is doing, and is easy to replicate.

Here is the file; I've purposely overdone it, so that you can practice with the Edge Specials.

http://www.geekopolis.ca/blender/arianaUVMesh_268a.blend
brkurt

Re: UVMapping on the MakeHuman 1.0 Alpha 8

Postby Manuel » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:04 pm

yumri wrote:atm i am using MakeHuman 1.0 Alpha 8 r6149 and i want to be able to adjust how it looks once imported to blender in a .mhx file. This can be done through UVMapping just where do i get the default skin for it as i found the UVMap export option. The skin doesn't have to be that great just enough to compare to the MakeHuman 1.0 Alpha 7 skin and enough to help me learn how to make changes to the body using the UVMapping feature of 3D modeling programs. What i will request is a good skin like last time but whatever works is good.

Just to say that the new skins for alpha8 will be included soon (some weeks).
Manuel

Return to Tutorials