How to install in CentOS v6.4

A place for unofficial tutorials posted by MH users

Moderator: joepal

How to install in CentOS v6.4

Postby Mark64 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:49 am

Hello Everyone,
I am relatively new to linux so have been looking for the step-by-step guide on how to install and get up and running the latest MH_i386 in either python 2.6 or 2.7. The Tarballs have been downloaded and extracted to their individual folders. I have GCC installed (#yum install gcc). Typed #gcc (gcc: no input files)so I know it is installed.
Have been trying #./configure (no such file found), #make (No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.), and #make install (No rule to make target `install'. Stop.).
I notice there are several compile*.bat and makefile.* files. Am I supposed to do anything with these? Hope to see our local linux guru at work later this week so any help now would be grateful.
Mark64

Re: How to install in CentOS v6.4

Postby duststorm » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:11 pm

Mark64 wrote:I have GCC installed (#yum install gcc)

The svn version does not need to be compiled anymore. You do not need make, configre or any other gnumake directives.
Simply install the dependencies mentioned in the readme you linked to and start it using "python makehuman.py"

We no longer officially support python 2.6 and recommend 2.7. There are some known issues with 2.6 and at least a few fixes were mentioned here: https://code.google.com/p/makehuman/iss ... ail?id=740
But it is very likely there are many more problems when using python 2.6

EDIT: Ok I did not see the duplicate post at viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9717
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Return to Tutorials