Make Human to Blender

A place for unofficial tutorials posted by MH users

Moderator: joepal

Make Human to Blender

Postby DougShear » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:41 pm

I use Blender 2.9. I have followed instructions in the videos I've found here but nothing works. I've read the FAQs. And I've tried to add the community based items to Make Human with no success. Clearly it all above my pay grade. Is there a tutorial that you recommend? Or is there a source of Experts or Freelancers who want to make a few dollars to help me get some of these things working and show me how they did it? The attached screenshot shows how I tried to add Make Human to Blender, but then nothing changes and it doesn't show me a "make human" add on to click. And when I export an image to my desktop directly from Make Human, it gives me .bvh, .meta and a Thumb file. How do I import one of those into Blender. Help! Thanks. Doug Shear :cry:
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-10-21 10.01.53.png
DougShear

Re: Make Human to Blender

Postby Elvaerwyn » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:10 pm

I'm sorry I am not quite understanding what you are having issue with, and in fact what you are trying to accomplish? Makehuman is working on your machine -and you have created a human to export to blender? Which add ons are you trying to get up and working in blender? Most of the addons are working with 2.9 now in repo. Makeclothes 2 for instance, I know is working quite well with it. You can install these addons like other blender addons with the zip method. Once they appear in preferences panel you can click them to show up, then they will show up in n or t panel in blender as an addon. The makehuman plugin for blender is to import the made humans directly from the makehuman screen to the blender screen for quick changes and further blender work with the toon. How can we better help you? Btw welcome Doug!
Elv
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby DougShear » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:07 pm

Thank you so much for the response. So the screenshot shows the "User Contributed Assets" window, the "Make Human Modeling" window, Blender 2.9, and the "Blender Preferences" Window. I want to install some of the "User Contributed Assets" on the image in the "Modeling" window, then, when it is complete, export it to Blender so I can continue to work on it. I must be missing something. I followed the directions to add on the Make Human file in Blender but can't locate the application. And while I can search for the user contributed assets in Make Human, to find a pair of shoes for example, I don't know how to put those shoes on the figure. Can you recommend a tutorial or suggest how to get the user contributed assets on the figure, then get the figure into Blender. It is mostly over my head but I'm trying and LOVE Make Human.

Thanks,

Doug
Attachments
Screenshot 2.png
DougShear

Postby Elvaerwyn » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:58 am

Cool ty I have a better idea of what you need and we are all glad to help here in this community, always feel free to ask!
That being said here are a few links to get you started in the right direction:

Here is a page that helps with adding assets to your model within makehuman:

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... nd_Clothes

This is a page on general exporting practices from makehuman for other programs:

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... le_formats

Within blender you can work on your model in the usual way any other model imported into blender given it has a skeleton for instance you can pose it, you can model onto the exiting mesh etc. You may also opt to use the MakeHuman Plugin For Blender and directly grab your model from makehuman to blender to immediately alter it within blender.

More assets can be installed into your makehuman from community asset repository via the integrated down loader or manual install from the website. Once installed they can be attached to your models and then exported with the mesh body to blender or other programs.

Exported meshes are quite versatile and usable in a variety of mediums, I hope this helps you in getting going?
Elv
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby DougShear » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:49 pm

I'll give it a try! Thanks.
DougShear

Postby DougShear » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:08 pm

So, while I've made some progress, I really need someone who can work with me on Fiverr, or Freelancer, or however, that I can chat with in real time to resolve some issues. I find the tutorials confusing, which is more a comment on my brain than the tutorials. Maybe someone wants to chat with me real time and I'll make donations to Make Human? Any idea how I can find someone like that? I live in Miami, Florida, EST.
DougShear

Postby fake_Person » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:18 am

DougShear wrote:So, while I've made some progress, I really need someone who can work with me on Fiverr, or Freelancer, or however, that I can chat with in real time to resolve some issues. I find the tutorials confusing, which is more a comment on my brain than the tutorials. Maybe someone wants to chat with me real time and I'll make donations to Make Human? Any idea how I can find someone like that? I live in Miami, Florida, EST.

wha? what do you mean
14 year old deadbeat http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature#
fake_Person

Postby exoticnewly » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:19 am

DougShear wrote:So, while I've made some progress, I really need someone who can work with me on Fiverr, or Freelancer, or however breakout game that I can chat with in real time to resolve some issues. I find the tutorials confusing, which is more a comment on my brain than the tutorials. Maybe someone wants to chat with me real time and I'll make donations to Make Human? Any idea how I can find someone like that? I live in Miami, Florida, EST.

I think this is not a real solution regarding this issue.
exoticnewly

Return to Tutorials