MH2UE4u

A place for unofficial tutorials posted by MH users

Moderator: joepal

Re: MH2UE4u

Postby nomorecookies » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:08 pm

Hello again. I have been off on other projects. my apologies for anything i missed that a may have been able to help with.
Looking at the pose, it seems that i somehow baked it in the incorrect position from the floor, and backwards. I did not notice this until today.
i am attempting to fix this now. Unfortunately, i barely recall how i did it in the first place, so i have to relearn a bit. this is more of an annoyance and time consumer than a fatal flaw. I means you have to position the entire character manually once in UE4. This is obviously a severe mistake on my part and i sincerely apologize for wasted time, and for the frustration i am sure anyone trying to use the pose encountered. From what i recall about what blender considers a bakeable change in armature, this may be beyond my ability to fix. But, since everything except the relative position of the entire character seems to be in the correct place, it is still useable. I am attempting a fix now. Also, if you notice anything wrong with the pose itself, please make note of it here. I know nothing of the code side. That is all Sandys work. I just tried to contribute with the pose variation which is the sole cause of the entire character position error.
nomorecookies

Postby nomorecookies » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:39 pm

Ok. I had to re-write small portions of the .bvh file by hand, but i believe the global character position error is fixed.
Attachments
UE4PosePositionFix.zip
Pose Fix
(5.88 KiB) Downloaded 687 times
nomorecookies

Postby nomorecookies » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:40 pm

Again, my apologies for the error. I entirely missed it. Please let me know if there are any problems with the pose it self. Thank you
nomorecookies

Postby [Sandy] » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:40 pm

The pose asset has been updated. Thank you for providing the modified pose.

I'm not aware of the problem so far, but if there is a problem I welcome all actions, pointing out the problem, teaching how to fix it, and providing the corrected code.

It's best to be easy for many people to use. ;)
[Sandy]

Postby AssetDK » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:26 am

Hi - I am back, at least I will spend some time working on further work to get MH into UE4.

Specifically I have been working on a character customize editor, that would help you set up your characters, use the morph targets and even randomize. So you could end up with a lot of NPC characters for your projects!

Still I have the documentation here: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... them_there

Since the Wiki is open to everyone I urge you to please update the pages - add comments, add a new page regarding your findings and make corrections to the existing pages wherever you find it could make it better!

I made a new "general introduction" page, please also add new links when you find some: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/Documentation:MH4UE
AssetDK

Postby nomorecookies » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:45 pm

Since all of this may be a little confusing, I just wanted to note that you do not have to deal with the .bvh file manually. Sandy has uploaded it through the normal route, and it can be download through the asset repository. The easiest way for me to find it, is to make sure i am searching by asset type Pose, then sort by author and scroll down to [Sandy]. After you download it this way, it will be in your pose list within MakeHuman. At this point, you can follow the other instructions to apply Sandy's script within Blender.

Be well
nomorecookies

Postby AssetDK » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:09 pm

nomorecookies wrote:....At this point, you can follow the other instructions to apply Sandy's script within Blender.

Thanks, I found that out soon after I asked you. :oops:

Anyways, I am trying to work my way through the entire process and now I find that the FBX imported form the file I made in Blender, from MXH2, is looking odd. It looks like there is some kind of double mesh...?? I wonder if you know why?

As it turns out, this was due to the topology. I selected the one I used for the original tutorial, and now it works!
Attachments
MHX2_Version.png
Last edited by AssetDK on Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AssetDK

Postby AssetDK » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:47 pm

Also - I made the retargeting work, decently - with both your new A-Pose and the T-Pose (where you need to adjust the Mannequin close to the T.
The real trick, that I failed to mention is that you need to set the skeleton Translation Retargeting. I have now added this to the prescription. 8-)

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... etargeting
AssetDK

Postby fortuna » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:59 am

I would like to notify the community about my suggestion about the eye material setup:

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... them_there
fortuna

Errors after retargeting existing ue4 animations

Postby fortuna » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:37 am

After retargeting the existing ue4 animation and including the ue4 animation starter pack to my MH Skeleton (that looks valid), i got two displacments, one at a finger on the left side, the other at a finger on the right side. Has somebody an idea what may cause it and how to avoid it?

UE4_RETARGET_ERRORS.jpg
Errors after retargeting existing ue4 animations
fortuna

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials