Moderator: joepal

Re: Makeclothes_experimentation

Postby Marco_105 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:02 am

@RobBaer in Docs&Faq I see that
Doc01.PNG
Doc01.PNG (11.67 KiB) Viewed 4968 times

At the bottom there is this part:
Doc02.PNG

The first one is fully illustrated and have an easy understanding, did you plane include it old documentation in same way ? which explain the process in this post and could complete the addon doc...

@Punkduck most of problems in the process of MC except Rigid groups is that vertex of clothes can't keep distance from human and I don't know why, someone could explain maybe ?
For this reason we to make deal with helpers to keep the shape as we would like to see it, unfortunally if you bind clothes on helpers you lost the displacement causing by custom target process. I don't know if this process could be improved or not (the makeclothes script is a bit incomprehensible to me.
Today, clothes assets become very important part in human making I guess if some could find a way to exprime their skill on it we could see interesting things happen...
Marco_105

Postby punkduck » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:41 pm

I played around a bit with make-target long time ago ... but all I achieved was nipples peeking through the clothes and typically this was my kind of extremly important beginner stuff (makehuman v1.0 had no nipple modifier) :oops:

Nevertheless, I've done some debugging today:

The reason is:

Your custom target files only change vertices of the human body (Body Shape 4.target => biggest one is 13351).
When you look into the uncompressed target-files like l-foot-scale-decr.target then you can also find vertex numbers of the red-helper dress (something like 16000-18000).

The solution might be (I've never tried it): if you use "Load Human + Fit Tools" instead of "Load Human" in maketarget I get the helper character. Maybe this guy is designed exactly for this purpose ...

If so, there is another reason for writing a better tutorial ;)

Btw.: I added the picture with rigid groups versus helpers for the shoes in the other thread just for completeness.
punkduck

Postby Marco_105 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:05 pm

Ah yes, you mean we can also use the base_model+Fit_tools to maketarget for adjust clothes with it !
I did not think about that but that's look great and powerfull hack for this problems.
I will try it in next day and give feedback there...
Marco_105

Postby Marco_105 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:47 pm

@Punkduck In your explanation you say that it could be better to use "Human+Fit Tools", this process (as I know understand it) could rely the target on helpers...
For example if make some hair or some shirt with Make Clothes and you bind them on the appropriate helper, e.g. Hair and Tights then you could also use Make Target with same helpers and wish move those clothes with it. Then hair and shirt are rely to the target for those assets but also for every assets that are bind by the same process.

Hence you can make targets for: Teeth (Lo&Up), Tongue, Eyes, EyeLashes, Penis, Skirt, Hair and Body.

It's a good behaviour that helpers_targets don't interract ich other, but body_target should be, as a master of them... (which could be a nice feature for the future).

So, when you make a target on body it's not rely on helpers like an ascendant process, even those helpers are rely to the body, that sound crazy !

Schematized : ClotheOnHelper_and_body →move ; bodyTarget_and_body →move ; ClotheOnHelper_and_bodyTarget →don't move (?)

Maybe some dev could modify that behaviour (if I'm not wrong) but I don't know if it is really possible...
Marco_105

Previous

Return to Tutorials