Makeup for MakeHuman in Blender Cycles

A place for unofficial tutorials posted by MH users

Moderator: joepal

Re: Makeup for MakeHuman in Blender Cycles

Postby punkduck » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:44 pm

When you use a texture of 8192x8192 and then use the same size for the mask layer you need a lot of memory. So maybe, in this case, the mapping idea is not bad ...

In between I was able to use this PBR shader (I won't stop learning ... :mrgreen:) ... but as I thought, it does not make too much sense, when your skin allready has some makeup from the original pictures. And all my models have this "feature" ... In between I've done a less complicate method to create tattoos for the "alternative models" scene (see gallery). These tattoos should look a bit amusing and not like the Gothic stuff ... so a method simply multiplying two textures was okay for me.
punkduck

Postby Aranuvir » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:46 am

How much detail do you really need for a gray scale mask? And for most renders, e.g. like the last one of mindfront, I don't think you will see much difference between a 1Mi pixel and a 64Mi pixel texture for the lip, will you?
Aranuvir

Postby punkduck » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:27 pm

Aranuvir wrote:How much detail do you really need for a gray scale mask? And for most renders, e.g. like the last one of mindfront, I don't think you will see much difference between a 1Mi pixel and a 64Mi pixel texture for the lip, will you?

You are right, the masks do not need such a huge size. Mindfronts skin is 8192x8192 ... not mine. But even I used a tattoo layer of only 2048x2048 on my 4096x4096 skins ... so of course these textures and masks are allowed in different resolutions.

Hmm I guess it was too late yesterday ... :oops:
punkduck

Postby Mindfront » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:25 am

Aranuvir wrote:How much detail do you really need for a gray scale mask? And for most renders, e.g. like the last one of mindfront, I don't think you will see much difference between a 1Mi pixel and a 64Mi pixel texture for the lip, will you?

In the New Year render I used 2048 version of the skin textures and even lower for the makeup masks, or else my computer would have jumped out the window in protest :lol:
Mindfront

Previous

Return to Tutorials