coloring white textured clothes in Blender

A place for unofficial tutorials posted by MH users

Moderator: joepal

coloring white textured clothes in Blender

Postby punkduck » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:51 pm

I add this very small tutorial for those people, who wish to give white colored clothes a more colorful appearance. And I wrote it, because the white version of my tube dress looks boring :lol:
Real Blender experts may have different methods, but this one is the method I use ;)

This method could be used for the tube dress or for the bandeau bra.

Here is the demonstration with the tube dress. In reality you can buy it in 6 colors. But I only supplied one. To get the others colors, simply do the steps described below ...

After importing the character & clothes into Blender change the material setup like this:
  • you may throw away the transparent node and the mix-shader, if there is no transparency (for the bandeau bra this is a bad idea).
  • put a MixRGB between texture and shaders, set it to multiply
  • add a color input, this is the desired color, set factor to 1
  • for displacement add a RGBtoBW and add a math node (it is the simple way, I know ;) )

The picture shows the dress in original white color, a purple color you can also get, when you buy the original and black color. You only have to change the color input and to increase the multiply-value of the displacement when you use a dark color to keep it visible.

color_whiteclothes.png

The next picture is a demonstration what the bandeau bra looks like when I only use displacement and a red color.

bandeau_bra_red.jpg
punkduck

Re: coloring white textured clothes in Blender

Postby punkduck » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:25 pm

Here is a small update for the coloring of clothes with normal map and how to change details to get an additional material (this is also useful e.g. for the tight jeans, I normally change the material of buckels and buttons to something glossy). Nothing special for Blender gurus, I know ;)

color_vnecktop.png

Here is the result, when you change the V-neck top to a dark red color.

evi_jeans_belgrade.jpg
punkduck

Return to Tutorials