add on to make human!!!and file .mkh

A place for unofficial tutorials posted by MH users

Moderator: joepal

add on to make human!!!and file .mkh

Postby nepemex » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:49 pm

I am using and old version of make human and find out that in my documents there its a file call data,and then sking, so i use gimp to paint the texture of one body and put it in that foldr and..voila!! make human reconoize the skin and put in on the model!!!
i want to do this with the hair but i lack of the .mkh file and in blender did not see the option to export in this format
any ideas?
thanks
nepemex

Re: add on to make human!!!and file .mkh

Postby joepal » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:33 pm

You need to install a developer / source version of MakeHuman. If you downloaded a binary, you only get assets in compiled form.

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... e_clone%3F

Or if you know exactly which file you want, you can try to find it here: http://download.tuxfamily.org/makehuman ... /1.1/base/
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby RobBaer » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:58 pm

nepemex wrote:I am using and old version of make human and find out that in my documents there its a file call data,and then sking, so i use gimp to paint the texture of one body and put it in that foldr and..voila!! make human reconoize the skin and put in on the model!!!
i want to do this with the hair but i lack of the .mkh file and in blender did not see the option to export in this format
any ideas?
thanks

You don't say what version of MakeHuman, but if there was a .mkh extension, I guess it was before my time or I have missed it. The texture files for the skins in the current version of makehuman are in .png format, and are located in the subfolders of data/skins as in c:/makehuman-1.1.0/makehuman/data/skins folder (standard MH assets) and :\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\makehuman\v1\data\skins (user created assets)

There are corresponding .png texture files for each type of hair included in the sub folders of C;/Makehuman-1.1.0/makehuman\/data\hair/ (standard MH assets) and C:/Users/%USERNAME%/Documents/makehuman/v1\data/skins (user assets)
RobBaer

Postby nepemex » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:14 am

RobBaer wrote:
nepemex wrote:I am using and old version of make human and find out that in my documents there its a file call data,and then sking, so i use gimp to paint the texture of one body and put it in that foldr and..voila!! make human reconoize the skin and put in on the model!!!
any ideas?
thanks

You don't say what version of MakeHuman, but if there was a .mkh extension, I guess it was before my time or I have missed it. The texture files for the skins in the current version of makehuman are in .png format, and are located in the subfolders of data/skins as in c:/makehuman-1.1.0/makehuman/data/skins folder (standard MH assets) and :\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\makehuman\v1\data\skins (user created assets)

There are corresponding .png texture files for each type of hair included in the sub folders of C;/Makehuman-1.1.0/makehuman\/data\hair/ (standard MH assets) and C:/Users/%USERNAME%/Documents/makehuman/v1\data/skins (user assets)

thanks a lot guys i am using MH1,0 alpha 7 ( old but still workrs... :) )thanks sr i will have to wait until I get a new computer to update to the new version... :)
nepemex

Return to Tutorials