Jiggle Rig Weighting and Physics

A place for unofficial tutorials posted by MH users

Moderator: joepal

Jiggle Rig Weighting and Physics

Postby PixelPretty » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:49 am

Can anyone point me to a good tutorial on how to weight and set physics for the pecs, back and butt bones in the jiggle rig. I have been searching hi and low.
PixelPretty

Re: Jiggle Rig Weighting and Physics

Postby brkurt » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:03 pm

Are you looking for an automated solution, or a 'stop-motion' one?

The way I would solve your problem is to watch the trailer for the 1978 movie 'Ten'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8TUWilKb6M

Note that the breasts, shoulder blades (scapula) and buttocks (gluteus) are responding to the heel strike of the foot about a frame after the rest of the body.
So..to get the 'jiggle' you are looking for, you need to take that slower motion in account.
brkurt

Postby PixelPretty » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:56 pm

Thank you for the tutorial, I believe you misunderstand my question. I understand the properties of physics what I don't understand are the steps in blender to achieve what I am looking to do.
PixelPretty

Postby brkurt » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:29 am

PixelPretty wrote:Thank you for the tutorial, I believe you misunderstand my question. I understand the properties of physics what I don't understand are the steps in blender to achieve what I am looking to do.

I understand what you're looking for now. It is a new Blender feature, not a Makehuman feature.

Here is a good tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nHQIJhGaQk
brkurt

Postby CallHarvey3d » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:11 pm

this is actually not too hard to do. i set up my jiggle bones on the default rig in 3ds max in about 15min by assigning a spring rotation controller (i assume blender has an equivalent) to the breast bone. this works without damaging the skin weights or anything and is just a little trial and error getting your tensions correct. you could also attach a dummy to the end of the bone, set up ik on that chain and then maybe a position spring controller to that dummy. this might give you some ability to fade back and forth from jiggle to ik animation for more control when you need it.
for bones with children you need to relink first. NOT as scary as it sounds. for example if you want bicep jiggle you need to link the top lower arm bone directly to the top upper arm bone. this allows the bicep (bottom upper arm bone) to rotate without moving other bones. this is how i set up basic ik in 10 min on the MH default rig
i started a max tutorial but havnt had time to finish. it should translate pretty directly to blender as the technique is pretty basic. no hocus pocus. if you have any specific questions i can try to include them when i do
rock on!
CallHarvey3d

Return to Tutorials