Highheels: MH → blender → Avastar → Opensim

A place for unofficial tutorials posted by MH users

Moderator: joepal

Highheels: MH → blender → Avastar → Opensim

Postby Déesse » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:50 pm

Yes, I was missing the highheels too. How to change the footpose is almost the same as the handpose (Please compare when you miss a step). But now you have to customize your shoes.

My way (using MH1.1, Blender 2.76, Avastar 1.59):

1. Model your avatar in MakeHuman, apply an expression, add clothes etc. Now export (.dae) this avatar twice: with the opensim-rig and with the default-rig too (with toes).
2. Model shoes or import shoes into Blender (hope some creators will help with blendfiles). The sandals in this tutorial were created by Taarna Welles for OpenSim (thank you very much :-)) Export your shoes as .obj. Close Blender.
3. Now first import your avatar with the default-rig into blender, select the avatar.
4. Select the rig.
5. Activate X-Ray
6. Choose Stick (easier)
7. Now import your shoes
8. Select Pose Mode
9. Select the transformation-rotation (curve icon)
10. Now rotate feet and toes.
11. Return to Object Mode, select the avatar's body and export it as .obj. No need to save shoes, eyeballs or tongue.
12. Important: Save this avatar as blend-file too. Maybe you'll need him later to create more heights or handposes. Close blender.

MHshoes1.jpg

10. Open blender once again. Now first import your avatar with the opensim-rig. Use the Avastar-transfertool to get the Avastar-rig.
11. Next import your obj-avatar with your new bended feet. Open the toolshelf and rotate the avatar.
12. Now select the armature and your new avatar, press 'Bind to Armature', delete the 'old' avatar.
13. Import your obj-shoes once again and 'Bind to Armature'. It seems that there is no need to rotate the foot-bones. Mavbe this will even destroy the Avastar-rig. Export, upload. For me the tested animations worked well without having modified the footbones.
14. You can upload the shoes separately from the body. Rezz the avatar inworld, add the shoes and link them to the body, then wear your avatar with shoes.

MHshoes2.jpg

Have fun and be creative! :lol:

MHshoes3.jpg

MHshoes4.jpg
Déesse

Re: Highheels: MH → blender → Avastar → Opensim

Postby joepal » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:05 pm

That looks really nice. The homepage in the background is a cute touch too. :-)
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby duststorm » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:36 am

MakeHuman actually already supports built-in high heels foot poses. It's just not documented yet.
Details can be found here: http://bugtracker.makehumancommunity.org/issues/913
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby MTKnife » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:43 am

duststorm wrote:MakeHuman actually already supports built-in high heels foot poses. It's just not documented yet.
Details can be found here: http://bugtracker.makehumancommunity.org/issues/913

That looks cool, and I see where to add the line to the mhclo file--but what's the best way to make high-heeled shoes with Makeclothes? I guess you have to get the angle right manually?

EDIT: Ah, you already answered that question here: viewtopic.php?p=29777#p29777. :)
MTKnife

Return to Tutorials